Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pay as you go gas meters

Options
  • 12-01-2019 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I own 10 apartments. I have natural gas supply and I am responsible for paying by DD.
    each apartment has a meter. Can I get pay as you go meters for direct payment by the tenants with cards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Accommodation & Property forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

I own 10 apartments. I have natural gas supply and I am responsible for paying by DD.
    each apartment has a meter. Can I get pay as you go meters for direct payment by the tenants with cards.

Yes

Why on earth are you the named person / DD account - that is asking for trouble.

They will pay more per unit and service fees with prepayment. Switch to a new company and there's good incentives i.e. electric Ireland offer about €200 credit, prepaypower €150 etc.. (based on having prepay electric and gas). Might need to use this as an incentive for your tenants to switch to having to deal with the hassle of topping up.

There's no credit risk to you if the account is in their name even if it is billpay so prepay is not a necessity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

If you ever want these meters removed in the future it costs over 100euro per meter just to be aware

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shelly24

Cash_Q wrote: »
    If you ever want these meters removed in the future it costs over 100euro per meter just to be aware

It’s over €200... we bought a house and didn’t realise it had a pay as you go meter. We are waiting to have to removed

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭tvjunki

Cost 220 to get board gas key meter out from a house 5months ago. Also you have to be available to get the meter out.
    If you have ordinary meters in the apartments then just get the tenant to register in their name. When they leave keep your old account number for that meter so no deposit is needed and put it back in your name.
    Key meters are expensive to run and the tenant will have higher service charges. Not the best thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,179 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The meters used are perfectly capable of being put in to bypass mode same as the networks electricity meter. If they are refusing to do this and insist on replacement people affected need to object to the CRU.

You can find the documentation for the Landis + Gyr meters used that even show how the network can put them in to credit bypass and use them as a normal meter

Advertisement