Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reset HKC alarm after power cut

Options
  • 12-01-2019 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Just had a short power outtage which has banjaxed my HKC alarm

All three system lights on the side of the unit (Power, fault, alarm) are flashing and horizontal screen inside the hinge door keeps reading "panel mains fault".

Have tried arming and turning off, but problem persists

Anyone know what I should do?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Does the keypad respond in any way to your code.?
    Try 01111 just in case it has defaulted.
    Failing that try power it down completely. Remove the main fuse and disconnect the battery and then power up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

hkjohn wrote: »
    Just had a short power outtage which has banjaxed my HKC alarm

All three system lights on the side of the unit (Power, fault, alarm) are flashing and horizontal screen inside the hinge door keeps reading "panel mains fault".

Have tried arming and turning off, but problem persists

Anyone know what I should do?

Sounds like an issue with the battery.
    Disconnect the battery and turn mains on and off.
    If that works replace the battery, 12V 7amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

KoolKid wrote: »
    Does the keypad respond in any way to your code.?
    Try 01111 just in case it has defaulted.
    Failing that try power it down completely. Remove the main fuse and disconnect the battery and then power up again.

Thanks inputting O1111 worked a treat!

The system have defaulted for some reason.
    Make sure factory link is in place in the control panel.
    Systems will also need to be reprogrammed if in a default state.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For some reason the system defaulted back to factory settings.
    04567 will get you into engineer mode to reprogramme the system.
    Have a browse through it and get back to us if you need any help with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭zagamuffin

Hey

My home alarms giving a warning for low battery,I removed it and recharged to 13.2v and it’s still the same.I’ve powered down the mains but it’s still flashing on panel.

Any ideas, btw none of the codes above work as I seem to have six digit code to enter ?

zagamuffin wrote: »
    Hey

My home alarms giving a warning for low battery,I removed it and recharged to 13.2v and it’s still the same.I’ve powered down the mains but it’s still flashing on panel.

Any ideas, btw none of the codes above work as I seem to have six digit code to enter ?

The alarm systems itself should charge the battery once mains is on.
    Have you checked the charging leads to see if they are charging the battery?
    How old is the battery?

altor wrote: »
    The alarm systems itself should charge the battery once mains is on.
    Have you checked the charging leads to see if they are charging the battery?
    How old is the battery?
    Control box supplying current to battery
    Battery fully charged
    Prob 4/5 years
    Thinking it’s sensor batteries as we fitted some non wired a few years ago, just checking them now

So found two rf beams with 3v lithium batts , both at 2.8v but sensors doesn’t seem to light when you pass in front of it so I’ll change these first

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

So found two rf beams with 3v lithium batts , both at 2.8v but sensors doesn’t seem to light when you pass in front of it so I’ll change these first

HKC wireless beams do not flash when the system is out of engineer mode, the purpose is battery retention.

2.8 v is low, so you have probably found the issues.

• Advertisement

Control box supplying current to battery
    Battery fully charged
    Prob 4/5 years
    Thinking it’s sensor batteries as we fitted some non wired a few years ago, just checking them now

The system should say RF low battery for a device but hopefully you have it sorted by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MikeyC13

HKC Alarm Battery

Hi Folks, There has been an electrical fault in our holiday home while we were away. The ESB turned off a trip switch for safety which cut off our fridge and our freezer losing all the food but power was also cut to our HKC alarm system. It took 4 days to get an electrician to find the fault and reconnect the power. Now the alarm will not set using our code. Will the hkc alarm battery charge up again itself after power off days. The alarm battery is good itself. Tried 031111 without luck.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Many thanks

If the battery has been connected and drained Id advise replacing.

The default is 1111. If this works you may need to have the system reprogrammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MikeyC13

Thanks very much Altor. It’s working fine again now. Appreciate your advice

Kind regards

Advertisement