Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City and beach holiday recommendations

Options
  • 12-01-2019 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

To keep everyone satisfied this summer, teenagers, dad and me, we would like to fly into and spend a few days in a European city, then take a train/bus to a beach resort for a week and then fly home from original or different city. Any recommendations for cool cities with good train links to costal areas ?? Tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,440 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Mrsmum wrote: »
    To keep everyone satisfied this summer, teenagers, dad and me, we would like to fly into and spend a few days in a European city, then take a train/bus to a beach resort for a week and then fly home from original or different city. Any recommendations for cool cities with good train links to costal areas ?? Tia.
    Barcelona ticks those boxes. Except you don’t have to leave the city

Or

Lisbon is a good city with lots of cool surfer/ beach towns close by Ericeria is one I recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Lisbon/Estoril
    Barcelona/Sitges
    Nice/Cannes

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

Last summer, we did a week in Castel Montgri campsite that kept the teenager happy and then 4 nights in Barcelona - great holiday. Flew to Girona and home from Barca

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I'd also look at Barcelona or maybe Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. That will give me something to research now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Porto and Espinho
    Malaga and Nerja
    Athens and the Peloponnese/ hydra/athina
    Venice and lake garda
    Naples and the amalfi coast
    gdansk and sopot
    palermo and cefalu
    valletta and gozo
    dubrovnik and cavtat
    lubjiana and lake bled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

pjproby, thank you truly.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

You are welcome!. I forgot Seville/Vejer de la Frontera or ponte umbria
    Marseilles/ hyeres, Munich and lake constance. I'm going to thessaloniki/ macedonia beaches this year. Enjoy!

Advertisement