Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to book flights

Options
  • 11-01-2019 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭

How far in advance of a trip should you book a flight.
    I am looking at around easter and getting shockingly expensive fares. Is there a chance these will fall closer to the time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Not a chance. Easter is an expensive time to fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

It's all about supply & demand, plenty of people looking to fly at a certain time = higher prices, set up price alerts with the likes of airhint for Ryanair & Skyscanner, book when you're reasonably happy with the price & don't recheck back, as mentioned, Easter along with Christmas, July & August, school mid term tend to command a premium price generally speaking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Id say before you head off to the airport be best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Browse in private or incognito mode and keep an eye on prices. Otherwise the airlines track you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Browse in private or incognito mode and keep an eye on prices. Otherwise the airlines track you.

How do you set that up?

• Advertisement

Gael23 wrote: »
    How do you set that up?

If using chrome, click on settings in top right hand corner and scroll down to icognito browsing.
    If using IOS devices you can download an app called InBrowser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

urban myth:mad:

If using chrome, click on settings in top right hand corner and scroll down to icognito browsing.
    If using IOS devices you can download an app called InBrowser.

Inbrowser made no difference at all

Inbrowser made no difference at all

Oh yes it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭AngryLips

I would say that this month is not a good month to book flights because a lot of people do holiday planning for the year ahead in January

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

urban myth:mad:

Michael O'Leary says otherwise

People who know they are going on holidays have it booked before the new year

AngryLips wrote: »
    I would say that this month is not a good month to book flights because a lot of people do holiday planning for the year ahead in January

Is it a case that near the time if there are seats left they will be cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Is it a case that near the time if there are seats left they will be cheaper?

I was tracking flights to Fuerteventura last year for mid September 18, from memory, around July time the price was fluctuating significantly, sometimes more than once a day so the answer to your question is yes possibly,

I booked for September 19 in December 18 as I was happy with the price, currently also tracking for July 19 but I think the price is high at the moment so I'll wait

Ten of us got return flights to Paris with AL mid July 18 for about €130 each with four bags in the hold too, thought that was an ok price but I was watching the price pretty much daily, you just have to check everyday & buy at a price point you are happy with.

Where are you traveling to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Use airhint to get an idea if prices will change.

Advertisement