Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solo golf?

Options
  • 11-01-2019 11:43am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there any issue playing solo golf in the mornings? There's a time on a local course tomorrow at 8:50am, but the lad i was planning on playing with can't now, but i'd still really like to get out. Is it generally frowned upon to play solo, or is it normal enough? I just rarely see solo play, bar in the evenings during the summer.

If nothing else, i can confidently say i won't hold anyone up, and i don't mind if i'm stuck behind a 3-4 ball. I could always play a 2nd ball (or is that also frowned upon?), as it's not any sort of competition play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Careful.. he's a scoundrel.

220px-Han_Solo_depicted_in_promotional_image_for_Star_Wars_%281977%29.jpg

(No bother. If it's busy you might need to go out with others, if not then enjoy your own company)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Not really an issue, but if your out early why not get onto the tee before the first official tee time or depending on your course layout jump a comfortable few holes ahead of the first 3/4 ball out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Probably depends on the course. If it's a competition day some course don't allow you to have people using competition slots for casual golf

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's grand, changed my plans and am playing in a 3 ball in my club. Can't wait to play my first round of the year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,708 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Kiith wrote: »
    It's grand, changed my plans and am playing in a 3 ball in my club. Can't wait to play my first round of the year :)

Don't forget drop from the knee... Rip it up.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
Advertisement