Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone insurance for phone from Komplett

Options
  • 11-01-2019 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi I'm new to boards so not sure if this the right place to post..
    I bought a new phone from Komplett.ie which arrived in the post today. I'm looking to get it insured but after doing a bit of research I couldn't find any that would insure the phone unless it was bought in Ireland, the UK or USA. Komplett are based in Norway. Anyone know if there is a company that would insure the phone for me?
    All help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I use gadgetinsurance aka Blue Insurance for my laptop

As far as I know once you can provide a receipt online purchase is OK, don't quote me on that though maybe check with them

https://www.gadgetinsurance.com/ie/

Also Komplett.ie are Irish registered for VAT and once upon a time had a talkto forum here and a physical office
    I would have thought buying from a .ie site would qualify as buying in Ireland from that perspective
    Again, best to check with the insurer(s) though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anna10002

Thanks sdanseo I rang them, they won't cover because it was posted from the Netherlands

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

sdanseo wrote: »
    As far as I know once you can provide a receipt online purchase is OK, don't quote me on that though maybe check with them

I've insured and claimed with Blue for mobiles bought online, just had to provide invoice (bought from oneplus and eglobalcentral)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anna10002

I just rang Blue insurance as well and they won't do it unless it was posted from Ireland, UK or USA...

Advertisement