Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contracts...

Options
  • 10-01-2019 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

We are (hopefully) in the final stages of getting the keys for our first home. Sale agreed in November and we signed our contracts in December.

One of our factors for going after this house is that we were twice told by the agent that the seller had moved home from abroad and they had already sold them a house and as such we would not be involved in a chain of sales where one delays another etc etc. The seller is currently renting the house to a relative.

We were due to get keys tomorrow, but this week were told that it has been put back by a few weeks as the seller has to sort out their own house purchase, which is delayed. :mad:

We have to be out of our apartment by the end of the month, so it leaves us with a potential pain in the ass.

Despite the agent telling us the seller signed on Monday, the day before we found out about the delay, we haven't got the contracts back yet so are in limbo.

How long would anyone leave it before demanding the contracts to be returned to our solicitor signed by the seller, or the 10% deposit to be returned to us. I accept it's only been a week, but I don't want this to drag out as a job opportunity has come up which I can't go for until we have the house sorted out.

J

Advertisement