Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How come

Options
  • 10-01-2019 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Does anyone no why you can’t sign up to biker.ie trying the past few days now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

You have to send the admins pictures of cars and bags of rancheros

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Do you own a Bandit or a Gixer ?

They're a prerequisite for membership. That and sucking off the admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Your wife/girlfriend has to be your mother/sister........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Jojo282820 wrote: »
    Does anyone no why you can’t sign up to biker.ie trying the past few days now

I'd call that an improvement tbh, nothing to see here there - move along....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

Your wife/girlfriend has to be your mother/sister........

Or both ;)

• Advertisement

mamax wrote: »
    Or both ;)

..also, brother/husband/pet...which seems more appropriate for that lot....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Everybody has moved either here or Facebook. Its gone downhill very much in recent times. Threads/posts deleted more so now than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

As above - you're better off without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Stopped posting there a good while back. It's just become a circle jerk by a few people these days and flinging insults at each other.

It was a great site 10 years ago if you didn't take it too seriously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It's pretty much dead or pointless now. I used to use it, still have a few accounts there. I don't mind píss taking, but "having a good sense of humour" is not minding mods changing thread titles or words in peoples posts to stuff like "fag" or "buttplug".
    Mods also delete replies from people they think is competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Don't waste your time, its a horrible place unless you're part of the jerk circle.

Used to be ok once upon a time but now anyone that looks for help just gets abuse and there is always some twat standing in line to dish it out, if you genuinely want bike help stay away from there.
    Sad but true !

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CorkCBR6

Jesus lads it's not that bad!

CorkCBR6 wrote: »

Most threads start off with a question or comment but quickly turns into abuse and nonsense that has nothing to do with the op....there are too many "comedians" fighting for position...

BTW theyre probably calling us fagg0ts at this stage...

....it's actually worse.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Most threads start off with a question or comment but quickly turns into abuse and nonsense that has nothing to do with the op....there are too many "comedians" fighting for position...

BTW theyre probably calling us fagg0ts at this stage...
    Exactly this.

It's a ****e site with mostly knob ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Honestly.. They're a shower of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭raven41

Been a member of biker for 7 years now and it has its ups and downs. Huge generalisation calling them all **** (only some of them are!). There is am inner circle alright but I suppose that goes for a lot of forums. Find it a great resource for info on all things mechanical. There is no other Irish site with such a wealth of knowledge imho and its my go to when I need some advice on home servicing and repair. Good info on touring, home and abroad, best biking roads, accomodation etc. I do find the anti bmw/harley rants a bit stupid but its just someones opinion at the end of the day. I just dont take it too seriously.
    Btw i am not or in anyway connected to an admin on the site, just my tuppence worth...

Exactly! The admin here are far more clicky and Kim Jong-Un esk than the admins on biker.ie.

Take the site with a pinch of salt and don't react to the silly stuff and it can be a good site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its a terrible terrible site,

Had a ridiculous experience trying to sign up for it, f 'all assistance from so called admins, even though had stupidly paid a membership fee 'donation' to keep the site going.

Its a terrible site with a stupid clique feel and most posts degrade into a who can out with the previous fella with jokes usually at the OPs expense.

Its a great way to grow membership actually. Seems like a solid setup....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ive been a member there for 10 years +. Met some great people. Yeah taking things with a pinch of salt is fine. But the Kim Jong Un comparison couldn't be more wrong based on a recent thread.

On biker.ie, Admin recently decimated a thread about Revup.ie. He disagreed with how the Revup has changed and money was being distributed. There was a lot of information posted by a few individuals to the contrary which explained what happened since Down Syndrome Ireland had decided not to keep going with the Revup but the Dead Ducks MCC decided to keep it going. Instead of just disagreeing and accepting this these posts got deleted. Not only that he has since deleted their accounts and removed their posts. The thread is still there in its edited state but missing a lot of crucial posts.
    To me that is more Kim Jong Un Esque than anything I've seen on here.

I got a complete site ban about 8 years ago purely for being a mod here at the time.

D3V!L wrote: »
    I got a complete site ban about 8 years ago purely for being a mod here at the time.

Quite right !! :D

(translation: you lucky bar steward !) :pac: :pac: :pac:

Ode To The Motorist

galwaytt wrote: »
    Quite right !! :D

(translation: you lucky bar steward !) :pac: :pac: :pac:

I seen it as an omen. Also one or two of the tards thought it was an idea to get access to pictures that were public in my photobucket account of me and post them. Somehow "outing" me so I'd be known as a mod here.

I still have the peoples names and one is a member here. If he ever makes himself known to me in public he wont be wearing a helmet for a while.

In fairness chopper seems a decent fella and very helpful with actual bike problems but the rest of them are w@nkers.
    Apparently lots of lads donated and either got banned or just ridiculed at every opportunity so they left, there is a teenage gang mentality with them, your either in or out.
    A few lads I know wouldn't ever go near that place again.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CorkCBR6

I'd be lying if I didn't say I once got a lifetime ban, blocked IP and everything.. joined again in the armistice a few years ago and have been fine since!

Got into an argument with an Admin.. can't remember the details but I was right and s/he deleted me and the evidence!

It is what it is.. definitely wouldn't pay for it, but some of the member are very helpful!

Theres a few in there that seem to run things, if you dissagree with them they'll all join in and beat you with their keyboards...i personally know a few of the members and they truly are ****....

Advertisement