Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place for Ibruprofen and other painkillers

Options
  • 09-01-2019 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭

(The obvious answer is the UK, but anyway).

The price discrepancies in Dublin pharmacies is huge. Anyone know where is the best value generally?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

pure pharmacy is the cheapest I have seen paracetomol, 24 for 90cent

https://www.purepharmacy.ie/#First%20page

I emailed them about 2 other items so you could try that for ibuprofen.

1 of my items was cheaper than I have seen it anywhere else. The other was the same, it is a OTC cream and I think the price must be fixed, it is the same in every pharmacy I have been in.

<mod snip - importing of medicines >

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Up North or if you know anyone going to the States

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭.red.

Up north in the pound shops if you know anyone going up.
    We got 3 packs of 12, 200mg ibprofen for £1. You could only buy 3 at a go tho. Myself and the wife got 3 each, came back 5 mins later and got 3 more each. Found the same shop around the corner and do the same so ended up with 24 packs for £8. They also had paracetamol for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Asda would probably be the cheapest of the NI options.

You cannot use a UK postal option to Ireland, even for non-prescription (or general sale like paracetemol) drugs; it is explicitly against the law to import any medicines by postal services. The AP/PM/PW transfer across the border still counts as post as do couriers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That’s a far fetched and ill enforced law, it’s actutally not related to importing at all, for some stupid reason it’s illegal to order any kind of medicine for delivery in Ireland whether from Dublin or London but everyone does it and even if you “get caught” (never heard of it) it is the seller liable.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭gipi

.red. wrote: »
    Up north in the pound shops if you know anyone going up.
    We got 3 packs of 12, 200mg ibprofen for £1. You could only buy 3 at a go tho. Myself and the wife got 3 each, came back 5 mins later and got 3 more each. Found the same shop around the corner and do the same so ended up with 24 packs for £8. They also had paracetamol for the same price.

The packs sold in NI contain 16 tablets, not 12 as usually sold here. So even better value!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

slave1 wrote:
    Up North or if you know anyone going to the States

Or Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

If your ever in Spain you can get 500mg painkillers for really cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,312 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Advertisement