Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Airways Transfer

Options
  • 09-01-2019 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Would 1 hour 30 minutes be safe transferring in Heathrow? I would be getting a BA flight from Dublin then getting a BA long haul from Terminal 5. Does anyone if the short haul will land at Terminal 5.

Also I'm looking at Economy Basic for the long haul. It's only hand baggage, anyone know if it includes a meal?

Edit, Ive just seen the sticky above, mods can you move please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Would 1 hour 30 minutes be safe transferring in Heathrow? I would be getting a BA flight from Dublin then getting a BA long haul from Terminal 5. Does anyone if the short haul will land at Terminal 5.

Also I'm looking at Economy Basic for the long haul. It's only hand baggage, anyone know if it includes a meal?

Edit, Ive just seen the sticky above, mods can you move please.

BA direct from Dublin goes to Terminal 5 which would be no problem. If they are codesharing with Aer Lingus then your flight will go to terminal 2 and you would have to transfer terminals which might be an issue though you said you were only taking hand luggage so should be ok.

BA economy long haul includes a meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,372 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

scout353 wrote: »
    If they are codesharing with Aer Lingus then your flight will go to terminal 2 and you would have to transfer terminals .......

Did that transfer about a year ago, standing room only on an airport coach. It was an awful bus journey with lots of 90 degree turns - very uncomfortable! If you have hand luggage, spare your back the torture and put your bag on the floor of the coach for the transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The bus trip between -T2 and T5 is only about 10 mins and grand even if over crowed. Its a bus that designed to move you around the airport fastly it's not ment to be comfy.

But 90 mins you be grand as long as nó delays.

I had about 90 mins to get front T2 to T5 and then get the train in T5 to the other T5 gates. I made it to my gate just as they were starting to board was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

The bus trip between -T2 and T5 is only about 10 mins and grand even if over crowed. Its a bus that designed to move you around the airport fastly it's not ment to be comfy.

But 90 mins you be grand as long as nó delays.

I had about 90 mins to get front T2 to T5 and then get the train in T5 to the other T5 gates. I made it to my gate just as they were starting to board was grand.

Would also add I did this and you have to clear security at T5, personally I wouldn’t book a 90 min transfer at LHR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

I was told by our corporate travel agent that 1h35 (ie 95 minutes) is the minimum protected transfer time at LHR, ie anything less than that means the airline isn't responsible for sorting you out if there are any delays.

I've done exactly that - 1h35 transfer on a BA ticket - and I have to say it was particularly stressful! Any delay in the incoming flight, or the transfer bus, or security, will probably mean you'll miss your long-haul flight. I was lucky enough to get 1D on the flight into LHR, which saved me a good 5 minutes...

Also something to note is that if you do land into terminal 2 and need to get to T5, the buses at LHR are currently slower and less frequent than usual, due to some roadworks they've got going on. I was there last week and there was no bus from T5 to T4, for example - you had to go T5-T2 and then get the T2-T4 bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Why are such short transfers being offered? It is madness.

Advertisement