Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting travel insurance with health condition

Options
  • 09-01-2019 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi guys my father is travelling with my two brothers to America next month to travel Route 66, for approx 10 days, they are having major problems getting my father travel insurance based on his medical history, he had a heart attack 11 years ago and had two stents fitted and is on medication as a result of this, in good health otherwise, anybody know any insurance companies that will cover him without costing an arm and a leg?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I think you probably realise this already but given his condition and history and the fact that he is still on medication means that any insurance that does not cost an arm and a leg will have so many exclusions that it will be a waste of money. If he has any kind of a scare with his heart, he will end up spending minimum a few days in a cardiac facility and the bill will be into five figures.

Advertisement