Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motorized bicycle

Options
  • 09-01-2019 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I am looking for a motorized bicycle and I was just wondering if anybody knew a place/person in Ireland that sells them? preferable located in dublin.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

I am looking for a motorized bicycle and I was just wondering if anybody knew a place/person in Ireland that sells them? preferable located in dublin.
    Google is your friend. Search " Motorised Bikes Ireland."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

We all like to call them "motorbikes" here.

They need tax, insurance and most of all a licence to drive. I'm quite the fan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Electric or two stroke?

If the latter, don’t forget helmet, license, tax and insurance. Whatever you may have been led to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Waiting on the whinge about how the OP can’t wait to leave this poxy country with all its stupid rules...

How did you end up getting on with importing the chemicals for ‘research’?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Maybe he just wants some fun on private land.

blade1 wrote: »
    Maybe he just wants some fun on private land.

Maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 34,504 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

endacl wrote: »
    Electric or two stroke?

Doesn't matter.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

In theory, say you rock up to the VRT office on one of these push bikes. Will they actually register it for you?

TallGlass wrote: »
    In theory, say you rock up to the VRT office on one of these push bikes. Will they actually register it for you?

No, absolutely not. They are not type approved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Good question. Would you get fobbed off with the "That model is not listed on our system"
    I cant remember from when I was there, but do they also check the chassis number against the engine number ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

But are the Garda not implying then that you can? How do e-bikes get around the same problem.

I am just poking at the law here and I would like to say you'd want to be some ejit to take one out on the roads even bigger one at night with no lights or helmet on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TallGlass wrote: »
    you'd want to be some ejit to take one out on the roads even bigger one at night with no lights or helmet on.

Or just one of those people that can seem to do what they want and get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

GBX wrote: »
    Good question. Would you get fobbed off with the "That model is not listed on our system"
    I cant remember from when I was there, but do they also check the chassis number against the engine number ?

They check VIN number and search for the make/model on the system. If it's not there, and Wexford don't have it, you'll be asked to produce manufacturer Type Approval documentation which certifies compliance with Construction & Use regs, EU Regs (everything from lights, to safety, to emissions :pac: ).....

The chances of Who Flung Dung & Co's Strimmer engine meeting those are, lets just say............slim -> non-existant.......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 34,504 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Irks me no end that if one of these unlicensed, untaxed, uninsured, illegal tossers somehow manages to injure someone else and not just themselves, it'll be my insurance helping to pay for their claim

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement