Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Firestick

Options
  • 09-01-2019 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Have Amazon stopped doing the normal HD Firestick only seems to be the 4k ones left onsite? I don't have a 4k Tv and the old ones were better priced is there anywhere else that sells them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Doesn't seem to be available.

Though I've thrown two into my local CEX lately! :D You could try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Adverts has loads

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭breeno

I've had 3 different gens of the Fire Stick and the new 4k model is streets ahead of the rest with performance and speed nearly on par with the last 4k Fire Tv Box. The volume control on the new remote is also very handy. 
    Definitely worth spending the extra few quid over the older models.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,680 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

kod12 wrote: »
    Have Amazon stopped doing the normal HD Firestick only seems to be the 4k ones left onsite? I don't have a 4k Tv and the old ones were better priced is there anywhere else that sells them?

I don't have a 4K TV either, but bought a 4K one to replace my older 1st gen.

Much faster and easier to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

You could get the refurb one
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Certified-Refurbished-Remote-Streaming-Player/dp/B01ETRICPO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1547028699&sr=8-3&keywords=fire+tv+stick

+1 for getting the new 4K version, its a good bit faster than the other ones and having the power and volume buttons on the remote is a very handy feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Can you still power these 4k ones off a usb port on the TV ?

yes you can, but you wouldnt be able to use the power button to power on the firestick as it will have no power.
    Or you could take the power off your sky box as it always has usb power ? (if you have one)

Its back in stock from Amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Have an older one, not sure if it is due to age or new firmware but it is slow as a dog.....

have a few 4k ones bought on last offer, need more of course :-)

yeah I could do with a 4k one as well.

• Advertisement

What version of the firestick do you have?
    It might be worth doing a factory reset if its going that slow.
    I got a blacklisted one and removed all the amazon stuff off it, it works fine for netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

OK Rookie question here, but do you have to have Alexa to use the 2nd gen firestick? The one with Alexa remote control. Is there an option just to use it as a normal remote?

Advertisement