Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bangkok 3 days . Things to see and ease of getting around

• 09-01-2019 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I'll be in Bangkok for 3 days before my trip to Vietnam how easy is it to get around and what are must see touristy things

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭arbour

Where are you staying? Sky train makes it early handy to get around if you're on the line for that .
    If you're getting a taxi, make sure they put the meter on before you move. We got a taxi from the airport and he was refusing to put the meter on until we said we were getting out.
    Used a tuk tuk just for getting place to place if there was no public transport. Agree a price beforehand though.

Must see places
    Grand Palace
    Wat Arun
    Floating markets
    Wat Pho
    Khao San Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

We did this tuk tuk food tour one evening while in Bangkok and it was the highlight of our time there.

The group gets taken around Bangkok in 4-5 tuk tuks in the evening, stopping at the sights and some markets along the way. The guide bought a different type of food at each stop and everyone got to try some. About 3/4 way through we stopped at a very popular Pad Thai restaurant (I’ve forgotten the name now) and then continued on the tour. It was quite a fun way of experiencing Bangkok and one I’d recommended to anyone visiting!

https://www.expique.com/tour/bangkok/evening-food-tuk-tuk-adventure/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

arbour wrote: »
    If you're getting a taxi, make sure they put the meter on before you move.
    That doesn't always work. We found it impossible to get a taxi back to our hotel one day after stepping about of about 3 taxis that refused to use the meter.

Advertisement