Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm I a fraud?

Options
  • 08-01-2019 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi I just sold a 2013 registered scooter and everything in the log book says 2013 but the buyer just found out that the scooter model on the VIN number refers to 2008 like scooter. It's obviously old model than the registration hence the price I sold it. It's a private sale anyway and not a thing in the logbook says 2008 so how do I tell its 2008 model. And I'm the 3rd owner already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Chassis number

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BadSanta

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Chassis number

All good with the chassis number on the log book and the bike is perfectly matched.
    I've seen few same model here on 12 and 131 plate although those scooter model is for 07 to 09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Common thing to happen.Vehicles regularly sit in warehouses waiting to be sold.You done nothing wrong.

magentis wrote: »
    Common thing to happen.Vehicles regularly sit in warehouses waiting to be sold.You done nothing wrong.

Hi thanks the guy just give me until tomorrow to bring back his money or else he will charge me of frauds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Deagol

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware. If you're a private seller and the scooter is registered 2013 etc and everything is genuine then the buyer has no come back at all.

I would tell him to do what he must and then ignore any further contact - give him the contact details of a solicitor ;)

• Advertisement

Deagol wrote: »
    Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware. If you're a private seller and the scooter is registered 2013 etc and everything is genuine then the buyer has no come back at all.

I would tell him to do what he must and then ignore any further contact - give him the contact details of a solicitor ;)

went to gardai station to report everything, they will give him a call to get his side anyway. told them that the bike is later registered and many of them on sale here. they told me never reply to this guy messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,280 ✭✭✭✭blade1

BadSanta wrote: »
    went to gardai station to report everything, they will give him a call to get his side anyway. told them that the bike is later registered and many of them on sale here. they told me never reply to this guy messages.
    Just tell him hop it.
    From what you've said you done nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Hi thanks the guy just give me until tomorrow to bring back his money or else he will charge me of frauds

Have you a copy of registration document ?

In it it will state date of First Registration - this is the number plate on the vehicle, and this is what you sold him. Nothing to do with date of manufacture.

You have done nothing wrong.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    Have you a copy of registration document ?

In it it will state date of First Registration - this is the number plate on the vehicle, and this is what you sold him. Nothing to do with date of manufacture.

You have done nothing wrong.
    It's there. First reg in ireland 2013 licensing 2013 reg plate 131 and VIN matched with the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Like all the above, you've done nothing wrong.

Don't respond to this guy in any way shape or form. You've actually done the smart thing by contacting the gardai.
    If I were you I'd follow up with them again in a few days, or if you get anything overly threatening from the buyer.

Hope it works out fine for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

It's there. First reg in ireland 2013 licensing 2013 reg plate 131 and VIN matched with the bike.

Clear cut case of everything being in order: nothing for you to do here: it even says 'Year of Manufacture - B2 ' as 2013 ( although Revenue don't actually check that, but you have no way of knowing - you bought it in good faith on that info too)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement