Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Kildare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭NedNew2

ampleforth wrote: »
    I recently moved to Kildare and need to street-park. On the county website, it states that I need a Kildare Residential Parking Permit form:

http://www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/RoadsandTransportation/PayParking/PayParkingKildareTown/KildareTownResidentialParkingPermitApplicationForm/

This form asks for a range of documents (e.g. utility bill, drivers insurance on new address, Vehicle Registration Book with new address) that will take me a while to collect since I just moved. In the meantime, I am parking wild in various residential areas close to the town centre. Strangely enough, i have not seen any additional disk on those neighbouring cars, too, so I assume that this is just about getting on some residential list that the traffic warden would check against?

How well are Kildare residential areas being watched for 'offenders' ? Can you recommend something else for me to do that can speed up the process?

Thanks, A.

Are you talking about Kildare Town? I've never heard of such a thing but it may well exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

Kildare town, see link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

It depends where you live. Usually parking where there is an actual marked space requires a permit.

Best bet is to ring KCC.

I found plenty of parking spaces with no sign or markings. Also, I noticed that there is always space (although in the evening there are only 20-25% empty vs Daytime where there is almost all empty). This suggests that there is no shortage, however, sometimes the law is not necessarily about reality.

I was hoping for some feedback from actual parkers in Kildare: what they do, how they get about it and what experiences they made about where control is in place, and where not.

I will def. give them a ring, but I suspect I will hear the form talking to me ;) Nevertheless, I will report back what I hear from them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

ampleforth wrote: »
    I found plenty of parking spaces with no sign or markings. Also, I noticed that there is always space (although in the evening there are only 20-25% empty vs Daytime where there is almost all empty). This suggests that there is no shortage, however, sometimes the law is not necessarily about reality.

I was hoping for some feedback from actual parkers in Kildare: what they do, how they get about it and what experiences they made about where control is in place, and where not.

I will def. give them a ring, but I suspect I will hear the form talking to me ;) Nevertheless, I will report back what I hear from them...

Are you looking to park in the paid bays in the town itself?

I have relatives all over kildare town so would be used to parking in quite a few different places. Could do with a bit more specific information on where exactly you are talking about, probably give you an informed answer then.

• Advertisement

Are you looking to park in the paid bays in the town itself?

I have relatives all over kildare town so would be used to parking in quite a few different places. Could do with a bit more specific information on where exactly you are talking about, probably give you an informed answer then.

Melitta Road and Maryville. It is only about 10 Min walk to the town centre, but there is no paid parking here.

Hope this helps. I suspect that nobody cares but I wanted to know your opinion on this since you have been parking all over town and you will be in a better position to know the dynamics of the place...

Advertisement