Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lukewarm water in Kitchen Sink and Noisy pipe

Options
  • 07-01-2019 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I have a question for some plumbing gurus if they can help me figure out the nature of the 2 problem .

The hot water on our kitchen sink tap is lukewarm and I realize that it has never been as hot as the other taps upstairs . I say never since we've bought this house 2 years back so dont know what was the case before .
    Water on the taps upstairs and the shower is quite hot when we have the hot water running for an hour .

Also of late I notice a squeaking/rattling noise coming from the pipes going into the attic or in some of the pipes in the attic when the toilet is flushed . This was not the case when we moved in .

Radiators are working fine and I can read between 70-80 deg on all the rad panels when the heating is turned on upstairs and downstairs.

We have an OFCH with a firebird enviromax boiler which is 3 years old . Had got the old GB pipes removed and all the heating system re-plumbed with new radiators and new hot water cylinder before we moved in late 2017..

The plumber who did the job has moved elsewhere since and i cant reach him ..so any tips would be very helpful before I scout for some local help :)

Advertisement