Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Canal parking

Options
  • 07-01-2019 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

So it seems that Apcoa manage the pavements around Grand Canal as well....Not obstructing a footpath but they have a blanket ban on parking on any footpath etc... 😡

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

da wiseguy wrote: »
    So it seems that Apcoa manage the pavements around Grand Canal as well....Not obstructing a footpath but they have a blanket ban on parking on any footpath etc... ��

Whereabouts in Grand Canal was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If you're parking on private land, it's always worth checking out what the story is. Ask a security guard or something. Some business don't care, some will. Public footpaths you're grand if it's a big wide path and you're not obstructing anything.
    What location was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Looks like Hibernia Rd opposite Bord Gais Theatre, and I think this area is well known for being unfriendly towards motorbike parking.

Zwn2NVAl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Sure that could easily fall off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭da wiseguy

Whereabouts in Grand Canal was this?

Hibernian Road in Grand Canal Dock area

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    If you're parking on private land, it's always worth checking out what the story is. Ask a security guard or something. Some business don't care, some will. Public footpaths you're grand if it's a big wide path and you're not obstructing anything.
    What location was it?

Wasn't aware it was private land until after the fact. I asked the security guards at Facebook (as this was just out side the building) who all said the pavements would be grand...But obviously not

thos wrote: »
    Looks like Hibernia Rd opposite Bord Gais Theatre, and I think this area is well known for being unfriendly towards motorbike parking.

Zwn2NVAl.png

Yes seemingly so. Out on the main street I believe falls under council domain as there are no APCOA signs out there, they only manage the streets in and around the dock area

GBX wrote: »
    Sure that could easily fall off :D

I wish it had!! 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Those stickers dont come off plastic as easy. I hear they're a nightmare to remove. Also how could that clamp no cause damage to the body work its leaning against ?? The owner would have a good case for that clamp to be removed and him / her be compensated for the damage to the vehicle.

Advertisement