Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image skincare products

Options
  • 07-01-2019 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if theyre worth the hype? Ive noticed big changes in my skin over the past couple of months and feel I really need to up my skincare routine and products. Is image skincare worth it and can anyone recommend specific products by this brand?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

What's changed in your skin? No matter what brand you use, you need to be using the right products for whatever your issues are. I haven't tried Image myself, have heard it works wonders for some, while others I know didn't see any significant improvements, so I think you'd really need to know what you're looking to address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I've been using Image for years and although I've tried other products here and there, I always go back and my skin always feels the better for it.

That said, the Image range is huge and some of the products are quite powerful if you don't know what you're after. There are lots of clinics in dublin who work with Image and could advise based on your specific skin type. Given that they're not cheap, I'd do this if I were you to ensure you're spending your money on the right stuff.

That said, there are some products that almost everyone uses because they're so universal. Everyone I know who used Image (a lot of my friends do now after me banging on about it) used at a minimum one of the daily SPF products (my favourite is the matte SPF 32 as I've oily skin and it sits well under make up) and the serum/cream from the Vital C range as a night cream. There will be other products also, but I'd advise you seek advice if you want to go down the route of using the Ageless range for example, of you could end up literally redfaced.

I have the following;

Ormedic face wash
    Stem cell face wash
    Ageless face wash

Vital C Serum
    Iluma Serum
    Vital C Masque
    Vital C cream

Ageless Eye cream
    Ormedic Eye cream

SPF 32 Matte
    Clear cell clarifying lotion

Now I've built up those products over a long time and obviously don't use them all at once. The ageless stuff is strong so maybe only once a week and the clear cell product only if I think I'm on the verge of some spots.

A typical day would be washing with the Ormedic face wash in the AM, followed by spf 32, then at night maybe a different face wash and one of the serums.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I started using Image last year and it's given the best results from anything else I've used over the years. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Thanks everyone, ive got loads of fine lines, dry, red skin, loads of pigmentation, my face is literally 5 different shades and colours ranging between white, red and purple/dark circles, Im also having loads of breakouts - ive never had acne prone skin. I dont know what happened, I always had great skin but once I hit my late twenties/early thirties it gradually became a mess and I dont know how to deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I haven't used Image myself, but my friend swears by it. She buys it now in CH pharmacy in Tralee. Apparently that's the best place price wise and they'll post it. She lives in Limerick and has never had any problems with postage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Love some of their products. The ormedic cleanser, illuma serum and vit c enzyme mask are my favourites.

Some places do travel size kits. Might be worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Thanks everyone, ive got loads of fine lines, dry, red skin, loads of pigmentation, my face is literally 5 different shades and colours ranging between white, red and purple/dark circles, Im also having loads of breakouts - ive never had acne prone skin. I dont know what happened, I always had great skin but once I hit my late twenties/early thirties it gradually became a mess and I dont know how to deal with it.

I would also look at Image peels and other treatments in salons to deal with these issues.

Im also having loads of breakouts - ive never had acne prone skin. I dont know what happened, I always had great skin but once I hit my late twenties/early thirties it gradually became a mess and I dont know how to deal with it.

This could be hormonal acne which is difficult to shift with skincare products alone! (Speaking from experience). You may find it responds well to certain types of the pill such as Dianette.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I was recommended skin peels but my skin reacts to everything so I decided not to chance it, I bought the salycilic(sp?) acid cleanser and after using it every second day for a week it's helped the rosacea but it made my skin very dry, my nose was red raw from it and I developed little white heads all over my face so im cutting down on using it to one day a week. My skin really cant handle any harsh chemicals.

@Sparklinglens I was on Dianette a few years ago, it did help my skin but it made me into a crazy person, ive never been so depressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

I am an Image convert but I think its improved my skin in conjunction with drinking LOADS of water and really cleaning up my diet. I know it sounds obvious but I think if these two things aren't in place, the most expensive creams in the world might not make a difference.

I never had a blemish and once I turned 30, I had the worst crater like acne so I also think sometimes, our hormones are f***ing around and there's not a whole lot we can do about it :(

But overall, of all the skincare I've tried, Image is my favourite :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement