Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 05th Jan

Options
  • 06-01-2019 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Cracking novice hurdle at Naas today, I can't split the two in the market and either can the bookies it seems!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭La danseuse au cheval

I've an e/w on Baddesley Prince in the 12:40, can't see him not placing.
    Elite Icon e/w in the 13:30.
    Drumconnor Lad e/w in the 14:20.
    And Dommersen e/w in the 14:30.

Good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I taught isharah was interesting yesterday when I first looked at the cards in the first at Newcastle, was 20/1 then and I see he is 5s now,,only runner for the Irish trainer I think and only ride for Oisin Orr,big run looks on the cards for a previous course winner in a much higher class.

Battleroverdoyen looked to achieve more than tornado flyer on there hurdling debuts,TF looked abit laboured to me while battleroverdoyen was like an aero plane, slick and travelled powerfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Have had an ew nibble on Sam's Profile in that grade 1 @22's.
    Beaten 4L by Derrinross who followed up next time in a Grade 2.
    Based on that run I think the drop back 20f will be ideal and with just the 3 runs to date must have more to offer.

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Yes HarshOstrich, I was watching this morning to see if there was any interest. Best price I could get was 13/2 with UnFair. Horse was bought out of Mark Johnsons a year ago to go hurdling and has been abysmal.

A horse whose rating has been dropped 30 pounds by running over inadequate trips at Dundalk in recent times, it seems.

Now back out to sevens due to the money for Grey Mist.

On the Irish card, I thought Arvico Bleu was the bet of the day in the 2.20 5/2. When you see the ratings of the horse that beat it in beginners chases (Le Richbourg is now rated 150). Only danger is the one down the bottom off 10st 3. So thats the forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Isharah 16/1 now ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Isharah 16/1 now ha

And ran like a drain. The regression looks real. Outpaced, unfit or injured. Take your pick.

Master Dino looked pretty decent there!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Fair play to rhubarb lots of jockeys would have kept going when something was clearly amiss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

gazza1 wrote: »
    Have had an ew nibble on Sam's Profile in that grade 1 @22's.
    Beaten 4L by Derrinross who followed up next time in a Grade 2.
    Based on that run I think the drop back 20f will be ideal and with just the 3 runs to date must have more to offer.

GL

2nd !!
    Ran a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Another disgusting drift right before the off on a mullins hotpot, im sure the boys in Closutton made a few quid there

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It's gas how Paddy Power give a money back offer on all losers if a pulled up horse wins. Fortune Tellers. I would love to get my hands on their crystal ball.

Another disgusting drift right before the off on a mullins hotpot, im sure the boys in Closutton made a few quid there

mod edit: <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Market does always seems to know when Mullins ones are set to run below expectations to be fair, also when they are NRs in big AP betting races the market knows few hours before news breaks. Rancid operation.

Market does always seems to know when Mullins ones are set to run below expectations to be fair, also when they are NRs in big AP betting races the market knows few hours before news breaks. Rancid operation.

The tfp partnership has one horse they own, you try and convince them to have their horse purposely lose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

What price did he open up at? Went off at 9/4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Gringo180 wrote: »
    What price did he open up at? Went off at 9/4

2/1. A huge drift:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

LOL. Didn't actually see that, but general point stands re WPM and market.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Tat drift on Limini over Xmas was rancid and she was duly stuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Ohh shut up you absolute loser
    Right back at you forum wum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Jollies flip flopped right at the off in that Grade 1

Battleoverdoyen was over 3/1 then a minute later was 3.1. Tornado went the opposite way

Betfair SP is money weighted over a longer period so doesn't fully reflect the late drift

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Jollies flip flopped right at the off in that Grade 1

Battleoverdoyen was over 3/1 then a minute later was 3.1. Tornado went the opposite way

Betfair SP is money weighted over a longer period so doesn't fully reflect the late drift

Battleoverdoyen was a bigger price in running, after Tornado Flyer had pulled up, than he was at the start of the race.

Advertisement