Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speed adequate?

Options
  • 06-01-2019 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I moved into apartment recently. I’m the owner. I want to get broadband I’m not interested in TV really as I will have the basic free channels and Netflix.

I got in touch with sky as they were best value for broadband in my area. However there is no landline and they couldn’t see an active line for the block. They said they would need an Eir line.

There is a notice that Conway TV provide 20mb broadband plus 150 he channels for €27 a month. Looking at website it is 24 mb. Is this enough to run movies on Netflix, i have a smart tv. It’s just me in apartment so won’t be running any other data at same time.

Thanks for your advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

20Mb is enough to watch Netflix on so you should be fine with that speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Be careful, unlike VM I'm not sure they're provisioned to handle contention in the same way. In fact with their pricing and their monopoly deals you can be pretty sure they arent.

One heavy downloader of a neighbour and that 20 would be ticking well down.
    Sir Dosser wrote: »
    I'm with them now. Brutal service and customer service is worse than useless. Stick with virgin or try sky/eir but steer clear of $lyconway

Advertisement