Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Open Day Jan 5th 2019

Options
  • 05-01-2019 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys. I just set up this thread for anyone that was at the open day on Saturday, 5th January 2019 so if anyone hears anything from AGS or just wants to keep in touch 😠happy posting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 clairemn89

heya unsure what opening day you are on about however i have stage 2 this friday. have you done yours yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hendo98

clairemn89 wrote: »
    heya unsure what opening day you are on about however i have stage 2 this friday. have you done yours yet??

Ah it was an open day in Temple more last Saturday is all. Ah very good. I'm actually just waiting to do my physical and medical at the moment. Best of luck with Stage 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

Hendo98 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I just set up this thread for anyone that was at the open day on Saturday, 5th January 2019 so if anyone hears anything from AGS or just wants to keep in touch 😠happy posting

Was there too last week! GP form sent off so we’ll see when we’re on!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mmk123

Have open day later this month just wondering how long the day lasts from 10am? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Stuky69

Mmk123 wrote: »
    Have open day later this month just wondering how long the day lasts from 10am? Thanks

12.30 latest

• Advertisement

Was there too last week! GP form sent off so we’ll see when we’re on!

Ah yeah. Sent if off like 2 days after I got it. Hopefully we should hear in the next week or two :)

Hendo98 wrote: »
    Ah yeah. Sent if off like 2 days after I got it. Hopefully we should hear in the next week or two :)

Part of me still wants to have an extra few weeks after Christmas haha think there was talk of a group chat for some people on our group on the day, defo gave my number to someone for it but nothing since. Have had some progress on the sergeant and super interview so be interesting to see how the others are getting on :)

WhatsApp group anyone? Numbers in PM and we’ll make one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eimear180

WhatsApp group anyone? Numbers in PM and we’ll make one :)

Won’t let me PM you? 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Courtneycaseey

Hi !
    I was just onto HR and the woman said that our Garda vetting only started at the start of December and that it takes a minimum of four months, so she said we more than likely wouldn’t be in the April intake , just Incase anyone was wondering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Hey ,

For the open day do you wear just jeans and top and then can get changed into shorts to try the push pull machine?

If anyone knows .

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Stuky69

Hey ,

For the open day do you wear just jeans and top and then can get changed into shorts to try the push pull machine?

If anyone knows .

Cheers :)

Go dressed in tracksuit. You are not allowed try the push/pull machine. You will get a chance to stand on the machine but not use it

Yeah you can. They allow you to Change for the beep test and push ups and sit ups

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gtbw

Hi all, I'm invited to the open day tomorrow, and I've 2 questions to those who already attended:

1. Is attending the open day vital? Like would not showing up go against my application? With my current travel situation it will be very difficult to get up there tomorrow.

2. Are we just going to be shown what the physical test consists of, or are we gonna have to do some parts of it? I ask, cause while I have been preparing, and would probably be fine for most of the test, there are a few parts that I would fail miserably at, and I'd rather not embarrass myself in front of a bunch of people.

Appreciate any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

gtbw wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm invited to the open day tomorrow, and I've 2 questions to those who already attended:

1. Is attending the open day vital? Like would not showing up go against my application? With my current travel situation it will be very difficult to get up there tomorrow.

2. Are we just going to be shown what the physical test consists of, or are we gonna have to do some parts of it? I ask, cause while I have been preparing, and would probably be fine for most of the test, there are a few parts that I would fail miserably at, and I'd rather not embarrass myself in front of a bunch of people.

Appreciate any help.

1. No it is not vital. And no, it won’t hinder your application in the slightest . Chances are they won’t even notice. You sign your name on a sheet on the way in and they probably never look at it again.

2. You will be shown all aspects of the PCT. You don’t have to partake in any of it, but they will invite a few people to ‘check their form’ on the likes of the sit ups and push ups, you can run to level 4/5 in the bleep test for practice also (you don’t HAVE to do either). Then you will go to see how the obstacle course is set up, you will have an opportunity to WALK around it. And after you will go into the room where the Push/Pull machine is and watch the instructor do a demonstration on it. You won’t get an opportunity to have a go on it yourself.

I didint feel it benefited me much at all, there’s nothing you will learn that isn’t on their YouTube video. But a lot of people said that they learned a lot from it. It would be a good idea to go if you were particularly worried about an aspect of the test and it’s a good opportunity to ask the trainers questions if you had any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gtbw

Thanks for the reply, might give it a miss so.

Advertisement