Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon D7100 Converter Nikon 70 200 2.8

Options
  • 05-01-2019 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

If I were to combine a Nikon D7100 and a Nikon 70 200 f2.8 with a 1.7 Teleconverter what would my focal length range become and what would my f/stop become?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

AS FAR AS I KNOW !!!

Just using the lens (without T/C) your focal lenghth becomes 105 to 300 as it's going on a crop sensor. .
    Add in the T/C and it becomes 178 to 510

I've never tried a combination like that but it would give me the impression that there could be some degradation in quality at that. Anyone that can correct me on that please feel free to do so !!

You'll be losing roughly one and a half stops so really you'll be looking at f5.6 as your base. (It's actually f4.8 but take it as 5.6 and you won't be too far off. )

Advertisement