Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 for 1 on AA membership

Options
  • 04-01-2019 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

Was renewing my car insurance today which I have through the AA. I let my AA membership go a few years back as it was gone too expensive. They told me if I signed back up I could get free home start and get 2 people covered for the cost of 1. Probably not much use to anyone who’s already a member, but anyone thinking of signing up should definitely give them a ring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Was renewing my car insurance today which I have through the AA. I let my AA membership go a few years back as it was gone too expensive. They told me if I signed back up I could get free home start and get 2 people covered for the cost of 1. Probably not much use to anyone who’s already a member, but anyone thinking of signing up should definitely give them a ring.

asante sana kaka

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Not a bad deal - but just a tip - check you're not already covered for breakdown assistance by your car insurance, or a "breakdown assist for a year with every service" deal with a main dealer garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Do you not need to be living at the same address?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Prenderb wrote: »
    Not a bad deal - but just a tip - check you're not already covered for breakdown assistance by your car insurance, or a "breakdown assist for a year with every service" deal with a main dealer garage.

Thing with AA though, is that it covers YOU. So if you're a passenger, the car you're in is also covered. Handy feature that!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Just a word of warning...read the small print. If you're not on the highest, most expensive/premium cover aka rescue plus.. you'll only be towed a max of 15kms when they can't fix it by the roadside. Not very useful when you're stuck in the middle of nowhere deep in the beara. Driver asked me for €60 to be towed to a decent garage 27kms from where I broke down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Most breakdown assists don't even attempt fixing at roadside, simply tow to garage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Why do people buy this when most Insurance policies offer cover ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Why do people buy this when most Insurance policies offer cover ?

3rd party typically wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've had trade insurance for years but losing it this month unfortunately as there are way too many extra terms and it's only gone up again.

I'm not paying €2000.

I got no break down and got it much cheaper online on breakdown cover .ie

Advertisement