Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65 inch Smart TV

Options
  • 04-01-2019 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all, I am really sorry to ask this question but really appreciate some independent advice. I want to buy a 65 inch Smart Tv. What is the best all rounder in your opinion ? Whom is the best to buy from in terms of warranty. Does home insurance cover this or should one take out separate insurance. Any advice appreciated? There are so many TV’s to choose from and I want to make a wise investment but I also do not want to spend hard earned money foolishly. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cyrusmekon

I would talk to the guys at Richersounds

Great advice and majority of sets have a 6 year warranty (If not all)

Ask away with a budget in mind. They are very knowledgeable

https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Cyrusmekon wrote: »
    I would talk to the guys at Richersounds

Great advice and majority of sets have a 6 year warranty (If not all)

Ask away with a budget in mind. They are very knowledgeable

https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

Good luck.

I agree with this, and say same to all family and friends. Customer for over 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

For what you are asking for (as others have said) - richersounds.ie

Solved. Mods can close thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

You left out the most important thing.....
    Your budget.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Richersounds are indeed excellent, but you do not need any fancy warranty or purchase same, the Irish Sales of Goods Act gives you plenty of “free” cover. Have a look through the Consumer Rights forum...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Save yourself some money & don't go for a smart TV. The extra features aren't very good & you'll barely use them. Spend the difference on an Apple TV or Chromecast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

OmegaGene wrote: »
    65” is huge you must have a mansion

It's not that big. I've a 50" in a standard 3 bed. If my room was a bit bigger with no fireplace I'd have gone for a 65"/70" for the full home cinema effect.

As it is, I'm considering converting the attic into a Home theatre with an even bigger screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭dubrov

OmegaGene wrote:
    65†is huge you must have a mansion

It is not possible to buy a tv that is too big :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

OU812 wrote: »
    Save yourself some money & don't go for a smart TV. The extra features aren't very good & you'll barely use them. Spend the difference on an Apple TV or Chromecast

Have to disagree with you on this one. I have an LG. It’s so easy to use with the likes of Netflix and amazon prime. I can also cast from my pc to it for the torrents.
    It has an App Store. It quite up to date with all the streaming apps. All the apps work perfectly with 4K HDR also.
    I also have the 2nd gen APTV and and Xbox one x. TV does all I need quite easily. I don’t use them for Apps.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

dubrov wrote:
    It is not possible to buy a tv that is too big

Very true, I got a 70" the other day. It looks normal to me now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

OU812 wrote: »

Can you even buy a decent TV without smart features?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Can you even buy a decent TV without smart features?

I don't think so anymore although I don't focus on the smart features, just on the display, look, and hardware features.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My next purchase with be a 65/70" TV. I have a log cabin man cave that will be perfect for it. Not going to be a smart TV, as will probably get an Nvidia shield instead of all the android box, Xbox, media centres etc

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

I bought the Samsung 65 Q7FN in November and I have to say I am in love with it. I'd highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Emiedoo

Thanks to all who replied. Really appreciate the help. Richer sounds it is

Advertisement