Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ieelectron.ie

Options
  • 02-01-2019 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭

Hope this is OK with admins. My father's having a problem with the hot shoe on a Canon camera and has come across ieelectron.ie - anyone have any dealings with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

7upfree wrote: »
    Hope this is OK with admins. My father's having a problem with the hot shoe on a Canon camera and has come across ieelectron.ie - anyone have any dealings with them?

I've had dealings with them in the past - and in the past they shall remain.
    Personally wouldn't have them wire a plug for me.
    Google them for other reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

I've had dealings with them in the past - and in the past they shall remain.
    Personally wouldn't have them wire a plug for me.
    Google them for other reviews.

Thanks for that!

BTW, Hotshoe problems are rare enough. Is he sure it's not a problem with the flash itself ?
    I'd try giving both a good cleaning first before sending it off anywhere. The foot of most flashes is easily detached and can be cleaned / replaced very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

BTW, Hotshoe problems are rare enough. Is he sure it's not a problem with the flash itself ?
    I'd try giving both a good cleaning first before sending it off anywhere. The foot of most flashes is easily detached and can be cleaned / replaced very easily.

Thanks for that. Just checked it with him today and half of one of the four camera based pads is missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

They fixed phones a few years ago for me. Was happy with the service.

• Advertisement

Contact Eoghan at f/1.0 Camera repairs. He probably has the spare part lying around from other broken cameras. He's top class, very reasonable and a gentleman to boot. Based in Wicklow.

http://f1camerarepair.com/

or on Facebook..

https://www.facebook.com/F1CameraRepair

(He's ZeroHamster on the repair thread / sticky here BTW but rarely on here anymore )

Advertisement