Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lessons - Kildare/Carlow

Options
  • 03-01-2019 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

I’m looking to get a few lessons over the next month or two. I only started playing last year with a handicap of 25.
    I was using the trackman in McGuriks and I was getting a swing/club speed of 99/101 but a spin rate in the high 4000s to over 5000 using the driver with a launch in the 20s.
    So I know something is very much a miss and I want to correct it before the summer.

Does anyone have recommendations for lessons in the Kildare or Carlow area?
    I’ll include traveling to Dublin if it’s really worth it.

Is there a benefit of having lessons from someone using a trackman or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

I’m looking to get a few lessons over the next month or two. I only started playing last year with a handicap of 25.
    I was using the trackman in McGuriks and I was getting a swing/club speed of 99/101 but a spin rate in the high 4000s to over 5000 using the driver with a launch in the 20s.
    So I know something is very much a miss and I want to correct it before the summer.

Does anyone have recommendations for lessons in the Kildare or Carlow area?
    I’ll include traveling to Dublin if it’s really worth it.

Is there a benefit of having lessons from someone using a trackman or not?
    Tom o Neill @ Tullfarris is worth a shout, Simple in his advice and uses launch monitor , Also Raymie Burns @ Lisheen is very good, gives you 1 thing at a time to work on,doesn't confuse you with loads of changes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Brian O'Brien in Castlewarden, which is on the Dublin/Kildare border is worth a look.

Very nice guy with a great manner. Breaks things down very simply.

Not sure re trackman, but he does lessons sometimes at Newcastle driving range & may have access to a scope.

Either that or you could head for GUI academy at Carton House. I've had lessons with Kelan McDonagh, who is one of the assistant pros there & was very good. They definitely have trackman access there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Damien McGrane is the pro in carlow golf club. Anyone I know that has had lessons with him highly recommends him. Booking a few lessons myself this month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Damien McGrane is the pro in carlow golf club. Anyone I know that has had lessons with him highly recommends him. Booking a few lessons myself this month

My only lesson so far was actually with McGrane and I thought it was good and I liked him.
    But I’d nothing to base it on as of my lack of experience. One thing I liked was that he wasn’t trying to get me back quickly he said come back when your scores stopped improving.

I was hoping for a few ideas like Carton House and Tom O’Neill so thanks for that.

Advertisement