Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(VAT Refund Claimed / To Be Claimed) box in HRI claim

Options
  • 03-01-2019 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all

We did renovation works to our house. My builder uploaded all the works done to the revenue and told us that now 2019 we can claim those via revenue.ie -> "Home Renovation Incentive".

I went to the site and I can see the works listed and amount for the works but there is a box that says "VAT Refund Claimed / To Be Claimed". Am I supposed to tick that box or just leave it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

galycos wrote: »
    Hi all

We did renovation works to our house. My builder uploaded all the works done to the revenue and told us that now 2019 we can claim those via revenue.ie -> "Home Renovation Incentive".

I went to the site and I can see the works listed and amount for the works but there is a box that says "VAT Refund Claimed / To Be Claimed". Am I supposed to tick that box or just leave it?

Tick the box on the far left under select all and it will allow you to continue with your claim

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Hi all

Any luck claiming this since?

I can get past that part, but once I enter the my account password to claim the credit it keeps giving me different error codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭R11

josephsoap wrote: »
    Any luck claiming this since?

I can get past that part, but once I enter the my account password to claim the credit it keeps giving me different error codes.

Yes, I keep getting this -
    "An error has occurred
    We are unable to process your Home Renovation Incentive (HRI) claim at this time. Please try again later.

Error reference number:"

Done it twice and got 2 different error reference numbers..... Is their site down??

R11 wrote: »
    "An error has occurred
    We are unable to process your Home Renovation Incentive (HRI) claim at this time. Please try again later.

Done it twice and got 2 different error reference numbers..... Is their site down??

Called the ROS helpline this morning and I was advised the credit should be available to claim on Tuesday next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭R11

josephsoap wrote: »
    Called the ROS helpline this morning and I was advised the credit should be available to claim on Tuesday next week.

Great, thanks for the update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 galycos

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Tick the box on the far left under select all and it will allow you to continue with your claim

Thanks, I know that. I am talking about the box on the far right that says "VAT Refund Claimed / To Be Claimed", do people normally click that one or leave it blank. What does it exactly mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

R11 wrote: »
    "An error has occurred

Good to know its not only me: if its monthly they have delayed it till at least February with that "glitch"

Would be good to have a word of explanation on whats wrong with the application rather than spitting out random error codes

Still getting error codes here too :(

I am following up my original posted question as no one has given an answer. Do you have to leave the "VAT Refund Claimed / To Be Claimed" unchecked or checked? I am just a regular home owner so I guess unchecked but not sure and also would like to know what is the exact meaning as I could not find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I believe the VAT Refund option would only apply to landlords who are VAT registered so if you are principal private resident then leave it unchecked.

Site is still giving Errors today :-(

• Advertisement

I am following up my original posted question as no one has given an answer. Do you have to leave the "VAT Refund Claimed / To Be Claimed" unchecked or checked? I am just a regular home owner so I guess unchecked but not sure and also would like to know what is the exact meaning as I could not find it anywhere.
    unchecked - if you check it you won't be able to claim it. You need to log out then and log back in. Extremely clunky

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, it is giving me an error as well.
    Good luck calling revenue too, "our lines are currently busy".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

I've been trying for the last week to get through to them for the exact same reason, same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kinger83

Anyone else getting to the declaration page, selecting the tax type and then no continue button is appearing?

Tick the checkbox next to " I declare that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all particulars stated in this claim are complete, true and correct."

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kinger83

JMNolan wrote: »
    Tick the checkbox next to " I declare that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all particulars stated in this claim are complete, true and correct."

Missed that, thanks! :o

Now i'm getting the "An error has occurred" message other people are seeing.

Will try again..

Kinger83 wrote: »
    Missed that, thanks! :o

Now i'm getting the "An error has occurred" message other people are seeing.

Will try again..

Yes, am seeing that myself.

Opened a ticket today via revenue site and got this reply:

Dear Ros Customer
    There is a technical issue with claiming HRI
    Our Ros Developers are working on it and hope to have resolved in the next few days
    I regret any inconvenience caused
    Regards

So it may take "a few days"

It's working now.

JMNolan wrote: »
    It's working now.

Whoop :D

• Advertisement

Can’t believe they didn’t extend this schemes into 2019, I have so much work to do.

Kinger83 wrote: »
    Anyone else getting to the declaration page, selecting the tax type and then no continue button is appearing?

There is a tick- box on the right-hand side (just slightly above the final line) you need to check first. They should get someone to review their site usability (UX and UI) - current one is beyond weak.

Working for me as well , just submitted the claim :D

Advertisement