Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Website Security Vunerabilities

Options
  • 03-01-2019 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

https://www.rte.ie/news/technology/2019/0103/1020070-luas-website/

Interesting to see the persons not really making a larger demand for bitcoins considering that they've managed to take the whole Luas website down. A lot of discussions i've seen are people saying that this person isn't really ransoming them and just wants to point out the security issues.

469401.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Sounds to me like they're bluffing. Apparently the website was basically just a brochure website with some info and maps. The "I tried to tell you" message could be just to maximise the victim's embarrassment, and a single bitcoin is low enough that the victim might capitulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

According to the thread on AH, they took payments via the website and other things, so could be a data breach there.

They still don't have the site back up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Eeek still down, placeholder page on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭markpb

Eeek still down, placeholder page on it now.

That's a long time for recovery!

Advertisement