Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 3rd.

Options
  • 03-01-2019 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Ludlow 3.25 class 4 bumper.Subway Surf [5/2,9/4 ish] is useless IMO he won his ptp at Bartlemy by 1L getting 15 lbs from a rogue who was subsequently beaten 11L in a class 5 bumper for D McCain.The maiden ptp race Subway Surf ran in was probably the worse ptp race I ever saw.The reason I'm putting this up is that he is seriously underpriced for anyone having a bet in the race.If Kim Bailey gets this to win for his illustrious owners I will be shocked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,453 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Southwell 2:35 - Crosse Fire at 9/2 is well handicapped, loves the distance and loves track and is probably the winner here.

Meydan 4:50 - Godolphin horse Key Victory the hot favourite despite not having done a lot so far. Marnane has second favourite Settle For Bay at 11/2 a much more backable pick who ran a great race last time and can easily be seen to have some further improvement on that again. Small bet on Furia Curzada as well who has seen me good in the past who I think is over priced at 20/1 and carries the mares allowance and could do well if the younger horses fail to live up to expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

It's been a while since I've posted on here

Two ones I like the look of today:

Bertie moon in the 12:55 at Southwell EW, pp paying 4 places on this and currently 22/1, horse was running competitively off a mark of 80 recently and is now at 50, amateur jockey race but I think it's overpriced

2 pt EW

12:40 Ludlow - Dance to Paris - I think the favourite here is not worth 4/7 odds after running in a class 2 - Dance to Paris last race was a listed entry at Aintree and then booking of Richard Johnson has to be seen as a positive

2 pt win

Chijj

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Meydan 4:50 - Godolphin horse Key Victory the hot favourite despite not having done a lot so far. Marnane has second favourite Settle For Bay at 11/2 a much more backable pick who ran a great race last time and can easily be seen to have some further improvement on that again. Small bet on Furia Curzada as well who has seen me good in the past who I think is over priced at 20/1 and carries the mares allowance and could do well if the younger horses fail to live up to expectations.

Just in case you didnt notice the third in last years champion stakes is in that race! Sold ! 7/1

Southwell 2:35 - Crosse Fire at 9/2 is well handicapped, loves the distance and loves track and is probably the winner here.
    Way too slow out of the stalls, cost it the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

antietam wrote: »
    Ludlow 3.25 class 4 bumper.Subway Surf [5/2,9/4 ish] is useless IMO he won his ptp at Bartlemy by 1L getting 15 lbs from a rogue who was subsequently beaten 11L in a class 5 bumper for D McCain.The maiden ptp race Subway Surf ran in was probably the worse ptp race I ever saw.The reason I'm putting this up is that he is seriously underpriced for anyone having a bet in the race.If Kim Bailey gets this to win for his illustrious owners I will be shocked.

consider yourself shocked , he bolts in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

You post stuff up thinking you know what you are talking about when this post proves you are a complete spoofer who hasn’t a dickybird and you should not be trusted, your future posts will not be worthy of toilet reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

You post stuff up thinking you know what you are talking about when this post proves you are a complete spoofer who hasn’t a dickybird and you should not be trusted, your future posts will not be worthy of toilet reading.

He’s pure entertainment man!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Carol Vorderman part owns the winner. ;)

https://twitter.com/carolvorders/status/1080850324875894785

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I'm fairly sure he posted that earlier to put us off the scent and get the price out. Underestimate Sting at your peril.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Settle for bay out to blow off the cobwebs there.

Don't know why that little sunglass face is there.

Every single one of those Godolphin horses should be drug checked.

The winner hasn't won since winning a class 5 maiden at Doncaster in 2017 and dots up in a Group 3. The second (a 7 year old) wasnt on a racecourse for the best part of a year and a half. The third another aw horse.

Deauville had no chance. Looked more like a advert for a shaving foam than a racehorse, going into the stalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

STB. wrote: »

The winner hasn't won since winning a class 5 maiden at Doncaster in 2017 and dots up in a Group 3. The second (a 7 year old) wasnt on a racecourse for the best part of a year and a half. The third another aw horse.

Deauville had no chance. Looked more like a advert for a shaving foam than a racehorse, going into the stalls.

Everyone else is drug tested over there. No chance the boys in blue will be caught out. Their horses have so much stuff in them they could jump into space.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

:) highly doubt it as owners backed it heavily. His race was over after 2F. Free going sort with no cover. Wouldn't let Dobbs ride a rocking horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

STB. wrote: »

I always thought this particularly when watching the sprints and the ridiculous times they post, jungle cat last year producing form he can’t replicate anywhere else and the maktoum horse esthial I think he’s called, he was so average back in Britain and I don’t believe the trainers upgraded them or the climate has improved them that much, there is something else at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

I always thought this particularly when watching the sprints and the ridiculous times they post, jungle cat last year producing form he can’t replicate anywhere else and the maktoum horse esthial I think he’s called, he was so average back in Britain and I don’t believe the trainers upgraded them or the climate has improved them that much, there is something else at work.
    Yep 100%, never ending list of examples in recent times and the main reason I cannot be bothered with it these days. Doug Watson another one who knows how to "get the best" out of his string.

Remember Zarooni ex Godolphin trainer was caught with a small pharmacy and the subject of disciplinary proceedings? He said some telling things during the hearings that might give you an idea of whats going on.

He told the BHA investigators "that his knowledge of the drug came from working in Dubai where use of anabolic steroids in training is permitted" and that he presumed their use to be permitted "if the horse was not racing".

It invited questions and suspicion that therapies that might have been routinely applied to his horses there during the winter, many of whom thrived conspicuously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Don't know why that little sunglass face is there.

For when you post something cool ...

Shemale wrote: »
    For when you post something cool ...

I know what it's for alright but I noticed when I made a comment it was at the top of the comment box and wasn't meant to be but I couldn't delete it. :confused:
    Probably just a glitch on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I know what it's for alright but I noticed when I made a comment it was at the top of the comment box and wasn't meant to be but I couldn't delete it. :confused:
    Probably just a glitch on my phone.

Weird, I never see any of them on my phone

Advertisement