Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf club repairs – south Dublin

Options
  • 03-01-2019 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone in the Dublin area, ideally southside, who is interested in and skilled at providing golf club repair and maintenance services such as regripping, lie/loft adjustment, removing/fitting shafts and shaft adapters and more.

I have used a great golf pro for years who was meticulous in ensuring everything was done properly and I had complete trust in his work but regretfully he is moving away. I am afraid I don’t have faith in my own golf club pro for such work other than regripping so looking for alternatives.

At the moment I want to remove a graphite shaft from one wedge and fit it in another.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

bmay529 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend someone in the Dublin area, ideally southside, who is interested in and skilled at providing golf club repair and maintenance services such as regripping, lie/loft adjustment, removing/fitting shafts and shaft adapters and more.

I have used a great golf pro for years who was meticulous in ensuring everything was done properly and I had complete trust in his work but regretfully he is moving away. I am afraid I don’t have faith in my own golf club pro for such work other than regripping so looking for alternatives.

At the moment I want to remove a graphite shaft from one wedge and fit it in another.

Thanks for reading

I don't know anyone in South Dublin and that's where I'm from but I go to Joe Frawley golf shop in Dundalk, he's worth the drive and the bargains you can pick up make the journey worthwhile.I know it's not ideal but he is tops..

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Stackstown Golf Club, Michael Kavanaugh will do the work

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

greystones driving range

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Paul Thompson in Powerscourt

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

bmay529 wrote: »

Thanks for reading

Picking up on this thread as I have yet to find someone I trust that understands working with graphite shafts in irons/wedges.

I have one graphite (stiff recoil 95) shafted sand wedge that works really well and feels just right and another 58* LW a pro worked on earlier in this year that just does not feel right (to me). If I put a bit of speed in the swing I loose the head and it often bottoms out before the ball or I get a shank. That does not happen with the first.

Thanks for reading and any help would be very welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Spawell, recently reopened, have a workshop as you head in to the driving range. Can't verify the work but the place is run now by Peter Lawrie so I'd imagine they know what they're at. Might be handy for you.

Advertisement