Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir broadband - what is the current modem offering

Options
  • 01-01-2019 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, as per title wondering what the current modem offering from Eir is?
    I got the 100 meg offering (From Eir) 3 years back and it was decent, but I ended up upgrading to a netgear modem / wifi router which fitted in very well with Eir service.
    I subsequently moved to Vodafone 2 years back was a good bit cheaper but I oft had issues with Wifi on the HG659 modem/router, but with Voda could never get the TV channels to stream with the superior netgear modem.
    last month I asked Voda for the best offer they could do.... 70 euro a month.
    Eir will come in at 60 a month for "Broadband + TV Experience"
    The script to move to Eir is writing itself at this stage, though have heard a lot of whinging lately re customer service.
    Cheers for advice on that and latest modem / TV info

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

From online chat with Eir he said it's F2000 modern..... bit old at this stage so I either need to find a way to get decent modem or scrap eir idea

Advertisement