Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Address pal USA question

Options
  • 01-01-2019 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I seen a night vision scope for sale on a USA site for sale at a bargain price but they don’t ship to a non USA address anyone know if I get it send to the address pal USA address could I get it that way or could it be seized???
    I’d love to know did anyone here get scopes through USA address pal....I’m afraid to splash out in case I’d lose money on it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Or stocks. Specifically from Boydes.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Or stocks. Specifically from Boydes.
    I’d imagine stocks wouldn’t be a problem as there not a component firearm part as in it’s just a piece of timber at the end of the day.
    It’s outrageous the price of some stuff for sale to the American market that scope I was looking at is €700 cheaper over there than if it was bought in Europe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Not address pal but the postal service (signed an end user agreement) delivered to my door with a VAT bill. I had weighed off the added VAT on the cost of the scope (FYI 3-12 x 56mm) but not the VAT charged on the delivery cost!
    So have that few quid stashed for the VAT man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭gunny123

tikkamark wrote: »
    I’d imagine stocks wouldn’t be a problem as there not a component firearm part as in it’s just a piece of timber at the end of the day.
    It’s outrageous the price of some stuff for sale to the American market that scope I was looking at is €700 cheaper over there than if it was bought in Europe!

There was someone on here recently who had a wooden stock stopped in customs and they would not release it until he produced a gun licence for it. The fact it is a lump of wood basically cut no ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Hack12

Once marked as firearms or firearms part by the seller they will not ship. I know a few people who have had parcels stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Damoeire33

Scopes come under ITAR and wont be shipped. Stocks are fine

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

For that mark down you could go and collect it and still make a saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

Scopes will be shipped got one in from Eurooptic last June. Had to sign an end user agreement, scan it and send it back, had it 10 days later, had to pay the duty but it was a scope no longer available in the EU.
    Optics planet will not ship outside the US though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,951 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

solarwinds wrote: »
    Scopes will be shipped got one in from Eurooptic last June. Had to sign an end user agreement, scan it and send it back, had it 10 days later, had to pay the duty but it was a scope no longer available in the EU.
    Optics planet will not ship outside the US though.

^THIS^
    Webbuy shops.com in Texas will also ship scopes to Ireland with an end user agreement.That includes NV.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Yes tried them no problem shipping they did not have the item in stock anymore. Pity because they were the cheapest.

• Advertisement

I contacted address pal customer support and they said they will definitely not allow a nv device through there systems as they are prohibited from being exported from the USA so that answers that I guess!

For that mark down you could go and collect it and still make a saving.
    I know it’s crazy the price of stuff like that in Europe is unreal were being rode left right and centre here.

Never mind address pal just have the shop ship it, you have 2 shops there that will ship. Particular shops will ship certain items whereas another shop will not. I would try all avenues in Europe first and use the US as a last resort as the duty can make it not worth your while. There are certain generations of NV that no shop will export though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,951 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Gen 4 plus.But then again Uncle Sam is still proably issuing it.Plus it is really stupid money still.
    You could also get it shipped to the UK or EU mainland. Seems a lot of EU countries are ok to ship according to the US govt with no iTAR/end user certs either.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Gen 4 plus.But then again Uncle Sam is still proably issuing it.Plus it is really stupid money still.
    You could also get it shipped to the UK or EU mainland. Seems a lot of EU countries are ok to ship according to the US govt with no iTAR/end user certs either.
    Yeah I was reading up on the itar thing last night it’s not very black and white regarding digital nv I know for sure gen 2+ is definitely non exportable as with thermal I’m not sure what the story is with digital nv as the scope I was interested in is digital.
    Anyone know what generation digital nv fits into!

I would go as far as ordering it they will soon tell you yes or no.

I would go as far as ordering it then will soon tell you yes or no.
    The annoying thing is I can order it and pay for it no problem with the address pal but if I put in an Irish address it’s not possible to buy!

Try a different vendor. They obviously won't ship outside US. I even tried shipping it to my brother in the US and me paying for it, but once an Irish billing address was used it was a no go. Just find a vendor who will ship, 2 have been mentioned above to start you off. This isnt something I would be messing around with either as in my previous example I could have got my brother into serious sh1t if he tried to ship it to me. If the vendor won't send get one that will then all is above board and has the proper paperwork.

Try a different vendor. They obviously won't ship outside US. I even tried shipping it to my brother in the US and me paying for it, but once an Irish billing address was used it was a no go. Just find a vendor who will ship, 2 have been mentioned above to start you off. This isnt something I would be messing around with either as in my previous example I could have got my brother into serious sh1t if he tried to ship it to me. If the vendor won't send get one that will then all is above board and has the proper paperwork.
    Yeah that seems the best way forward

Advertisement