Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archer C8 power supply

Options
  • 01-01-2019 7:06pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just dusted off my C8 to use again and cant find the power supply. What replacement could I use - anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Just dusted off my C8 to use again and cant find the power supply. What replacement could I use - anyone know?

The details should be on a label on the device providing voltage and power requirements as well as the polarity of the connection.

You should then be easily able to match it to a replacement.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I noticed that it had 12v 3.3A rating but cant seem to find any with a 3.3A output. Could I use a 5A one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I noticed that it had 12v 3.3A rating but cant seem to find any with a 3.3A output. Could I use a 5A one?

Yes; any replacement must have the same 12V rating, and a minimum of 3.3A (so 5A is good) and of course the connector type and size must also be the same ..... ensuring that the polarity on the connector is as described on the device.

Advertisement