Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Racing

Options
  • 01-01-2019 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

A new year,and tv racing fans get a new kick in the kisser.
    I refer to no more Irish racing on Sky Sports Racing,formerly At The Races.
    It now costs 31 Euro,per month,minimum 12 months contract,to watch horse racing from Irish tracks.
    This is the price Racing UK charges.
    Granted,you get UK racing,but,that is not the point.
    Being taken for suckers,AGAIN.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

RUK showing racing free in ROI for January. Watching it now, not subscribed. Will take up the free month in Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Download mobdro on your phone and watch it for tree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Hummed and hawed whether to take up the black Friday offer of 12 quid a month. Didn't - sorry now

Do ye not realise it's on free view as we speak.....its free all month
    Just watched tramore now watching Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭famagusta

Ya I'm annoyed I didn't take up the black Friday offer, Savage picture btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 stefjoyce

In London,unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭gillamandango

Don’t think it’s free for the month, my RTV just switched off and asking me to upgrade.

Don’t think it’s free for the month, my RTV just switched off and asking me to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'm not enjoying RTV at all, seems very rushed. That could be down to the bank holiday but it seems they just want to cram in as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

ASOT wrote: »
    I'm not enjoying RTV at all, seems very rushed. That could be down to the bank holiday but it seems they just want to cram in as much as possible.

Its not down to the bank holiday, they are just like that. Rushed and bad coverage. It is a lot worse during the flat season.

• Advertisement

Its not down to the bank holiday, they are just like that. Rushed and bad coverage. It is a lot worse during the flat season.

I miss ATR already.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Channel 411 on Virgin Media, says call 1908 to subscribe, no free view there

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    Channel 411 on Virgin Media, says call 1908 to subscribe, no free view there

Sky was showing for free but cut out and repalced with similar to the above.

So when RUK said free in ROI for January. ....they lied

Went to watch Irish racing replays as I missed them earlier.

I have to pay for this now with Racing TV?

Is there anywhere else I can watch full replays?

Also anyone know why I cant watch previous races on bet365? When you clicked the "i" icon it gave a list of the last few replays

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results

TheTorment wrote: »
    Went to watch Irish racing replays as I missed them earlier.

I have to pay for this now with Racing TV?

Is there anywhere else I can watch full replays?

Also anyone know why I cant watch previous races on bet365? When you clicked the "i" icon it gave a list of the last few replays

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stefjoyce

What they really want to do is drive us all to the Bookies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

It’s only dawned on me now that I cannot watch the replays on atr website :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

between youtube (w/o ads) and atr and god knows what else it fairly adds up....add spotify, netflix etc etc which most probably have at this stage

not worth it imo, i'd pay for ruk quicker

iptv for the win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Are there no dodgy streamers for racing as there is for just about every football match (yes I know we're not allowed to talk about it!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭famagusta

So when RUK said free in ROI for January. ....they lied

It's three hours free per day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Anyone else find Jamie Lynch ex timeform analyst, a very hard watch??. He jabbers on and on and on, he will make this channel sky sports racing even harder to watch. With the Irish racing gone and new graphics package, the world of racing for punters has gone backwards in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    It’s only dawned on me now that I cannot watch the replays on atr website :(

Someone read my post :) going to be fixed soon hopefully

https://www.racingpost.com/news/racing-on-tv/give-it-a-chance-meade-and-lyons-urge-irish-fans-to-give-racing-tv-time/359741

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Clowns defending it, wow who could possibly have foreseen a race every 6 minutes when you have bought rights for circa 83 racecourses and only have one channel to show them on.

Advertisement