Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonably priced moisturiser

Options
  • 31-12-2018 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a nice light moisturiser for daytime wear?
    I usually use Image skincare products but they are a little too expensive.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Aldi lacura €2.99.
    As good as anything else I've tried, and I try a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

+1 for Lacura (Aldi). Really impressive day-cream and also makes a lovely base for your foundation.
    The night cream's also nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Yep I use the Aldi Lacura serum, its lovely. And very cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I've used this one (I'm back using a richer Clinique one for winter) with great success - it's really lovely, light and easily absorbed, great base for make up etc. I apply it when my face is still damp and it seems to just seal in moisture. I can't remember what website I ordered from but I think it was this one - I got free shipping by adding in a few sheet masks (which were fab too!) and facial razors (the glamour!).
    https://www.yesstyle.com/en/tcuc.EUR/info.html/pid.1058584732?cpid=1058584731&googtrans=en&gclid=Cj0KCQiAmafhBRDUARIsACOKERMI-0OU_sdzeKjwigitMJGyf4pwGsuCXcXRmilmbzP5AJO2xoTlNW8aAosPEALw_wcB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

I've been using The Ordinary's natural moisturising factors for about a year now and I really like it. Light enough for day time but does the job enough that I wear it at night too. I'd highly recommend it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I highly recommend ‘Superdrugs Simply Pure Hydrating Serum’. It’s not a serum in the traditional sense, but rather a light fragrance free moisturiser. I have oily skin and find this sinks in brilliantly (use it both day and night after cleansing).

It contains all the necessary ingredients to replenish your skin - ceramides, cholesterol & triglycerides (all components which naturally make up our lipid skin barrier)..... Cerave pm moisturiser is meant to be equivalent, but at a higher price (although I have not tried the cerave one, so can’t comment on it efficacy).

Link: https://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face-Skin-Care/Face-Serums/Superdrug-Simply-Pure-Hydrating-Serum-50ml/p/342700

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I've been using The Ordinary's natural moisturising factors for about a year now and I really like it. Light enough for day time but does the job enough that I wear it at night too. I'd highly recommend it :)

Another vote for this! Very light for daytime under foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

La Roche Posay or Bioderma are the best pharmacy brands IMO. Tonnes of products in both ranges to chose something to suit.

I have to say I think you would notice a step down from Image though, whatever option you chose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I've started using olay beauty fluid again. Have to say I love it. Sits well on my skin and is a lovely base for makeup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement