Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

acne scar removal

Options
  • 31-12-2018 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Thought I might be able to get a bit of advice here.

Im male in my thirties, bad acne scarring on my cheeks that I thought would fade with time but hasn't changed in the past 5 years since I took roaccutane to rid myself of acne itself.

So im very self conscious about it and went to a clinic in dublin to look into laser as all creams and other potions simply make no difference.

The girl I had the meeting with was lovely and said it may take 5/6 treatments but said my face would be burned and red for 3/4 days afterwards. I had a think about it but because of my job primarily, I cant afford to be out of sight or off for this amount of time after every treatment.

My question is, has anyone tried anything less harsh or with less recovery time that has had definite results?? Anything like derma rolling ( not even sure if this correct ) or anything at all. It wouldn't bother me if it took twice the time as long as it was less invasive and debilitating.

Just to add my scars are deep enough but its more thw discolouration and redness that bothers me.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Hi
    Took my son to skin 26 in limerick and the results have been incredible. They use osmosis. The difference in 4 months is unreal. Cait is the girl I have been too. Have a look at the website and see what you think.
    Mary

Advertisement