Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring files directly between two USB devices

Options
  • 31-12-2018 7:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi

I have a Samsung galaxy s8 plus and would like to transfer photos from my camera sd card directly to a USB ssd storage device when in vacation using the Samsung galaxy s8 plus.

The only method I am aware of which will work is to firstly connect the sd card to the phone and copy the photos to the phone. Then connect the external ssd drive to the phone and copy the photos to that from the phone.

I would like to avoid this two step approach and transfer the photos directly from the sd card to the external USB ssd storage with the help of the Samsung galaxy s8 plus.

Is there a way in which 8 can achieve this? I have a USB c hub which I can attach to the galaxy s8 plus and then connect the external ssd USB c storage to that as well as the sd card from my camera but this doesn't seem to allow me to copy between this two devices. Perhaps there is a special app that I need for this? Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement