Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pst gen 2

Options
  • 30-12-2018 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Looking for a new scope to start doing some long range shooting but will also be doing a small bit of stalking what do everyone think of the pst gen 2 for the job

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

If you are looking to spend THAT kind of money, then you owe it to yourself to be looking at other brands, too. There are a good few starting at the 1000euro mark that you'd be crazy to not to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cz527

tac foley wrote: »
    If you are looking to spend THAT kind of money, then you owe it to yourself to be looking at other brands, too. There are a good few starting at the 1000euro mark that you'd be crazy to not to consider.

Ok what eles is out there in that price as it will have to do to jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭clivej

I've been using 2 Bushnell 4200 Tactical Elite scopes. 6-24x50mm for 10 years now. Both bought second hand, Never a problem with either of them.

One on my .223 foxing rifle other on my .308 stalking rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

tac foley wrote: »

Name another brand scope you can run over and get a replacement no questions asked.....
    If your spending that much you want a good warranty in case in future it fails

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Another Bushnell here - the LRHS 3-12x44. FFP, Mil-Mil, Resettable turrets (windage capped), 30mm tube, excellent glass.
    G2H reticle is the business as well IMO. Couldn't be happier with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

vortex razor hd2 4.5 27x56
    great scope but it weighs a bloody ton

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Ziggieire

I use a PST Gen2 on my 6xc my wife has shot 12inch plates and 5inch clay pigeons at 1200y no issues.
    I say my wife as i could not hit the side of a barn that day.

But what is the pst gen 2 like for doing a bit of stalking with aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Ziggieire wrote: »
    I use a PST Gen2 on my 6xc my wife has shot 12inch plates and 5inch clay pigeons at 1200y no issues.
    I say my wife as i could not hit the side of a barn that day.

That's some shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Ziggieire

cz527 wrote: »
    But what is the pst gen 2 like for doing a bit of stalking with aswell

The reason its on the 6XC is it might be the lightest optic i own.

it does have zero stop but not locking turrets, but i would call the turrets just stiff enough not to turn while on your back.
    And its totally fine for low light

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on the v6 zeiss would they be a good choice

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭zeissman

Any thoughts on the v6 zeiss would they be a good choice

I had a look through my mates v6 5-30x50 recently and it's a nice scope. It would be a lighter and more compact scope than the vortex pst gen 2. My mate is very happy with it.
    My other mate bought the vortex pst gen 2 a few days ago but he didn't get using it yet as he is still waiting on his new rifle. The vortex looks good as well and it looks to be a very sturdy well built scope.
    He got a good deal on the vortex and the dealer has a couple more in stock.
    Did you get quoted a price on the vortex ?

Yea got a price of 1300 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭zeissman

Yea got a price of 1300 euro

Was that for the 1st focal plane or 2nd focal plane reticle ? . If you decide to buy the vortex let me know as I can put you in touch with a dealer who will give you a better price.

Got that price of redmills in kilkenny he has one down there went to look at it it on first focal.only thing i dident like was the weight of it

Advertisement