Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus vs Air Canada to Toronto

Options
  • 30-12-2018 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for opinions on this.

Not reading brilliant things about Air Canada here but their fares are significantly lower than Aer Lingus, about €250 per person for the dates I am looking at.
    Are they really that bad given the saving?

Comments

I've used them a couple of times on that route and bar a couple minor delays it is a good service in my experience. Free alcohol too (cant remember if Aer Lingus also fo this) so if the flight is going badly you can just get a few bottles of red and pass out:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Yes I think its worth the risk for such a big saving. Air Transat is another option but apparently they use really old planes that dont have tv screens on the back of seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Gael23 wrote: »
    Yes I think its worth the risk for such a big saving. Air Transat is another option but apparently they use really old planes that dont have tv screens on the back of seats.

We flew with Air Canada Rouge to Vancouver . The fact it was a direct flight and cheaper drew me . Now I have to say it wasn't comfortable and my bum was actually numb from the hard seat . But I would do it again for the saving I made and the direct flight which was worth it . Next time I will bring a cushion though !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    We flew with Air Canada Rouge to Vancouver . The fact it was a direct flight and cheaper drew me . Now I have to say it wasn't comfortable and my bum was actually numb from the hard seat . But I would do it again for the saving I made and the direct flight which was worth it . Next time I will bring a cushion though !

The Toronto-Dublin flight is operated by Air Canada mainline so should be normal seats (and legroom!).

Close to a 4 hour delay on AC today. Not inspiring me with a lot of confidence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Gael23 wrote: »
    Close to a 4 hour delay on AC today. Not inspiring me with a lot of confidence

Meanwhile Aer Lingus are renowned for their "on-time" and "efficient" transatlantic operation!

*Sarcasm*

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Meanwhile Aer Lingus are renowned for their "on-time" and "efficient" transatlantic operation!

*Sarcasm*

Well yes but 4 hours is a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Savage_Henry

I thought toronto was on Rouge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I thought toronto was on Rouge?

It was but switched to mainline in 2017 or 2018 (can't remember the exact date).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Flew the Dublin to Toronto route over the Xmas period. Left 21st of Dec and returned 1st of Jan. It wasn't rouge it was the main AC plane. The plane itself was relatively modern & comfortable. Food was ok and the staff were pleasant.

I've flown with AL transatlantic a number of times but AC was much better this time and I would fly with them over AL again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I have flown both, found AC as good as AL but a lot cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Always fly Aer Lingus to Toronto. Nice flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

Just flew with Air Canada to Toronto. Great flight on their B767. Good staff, loads of leg room and no issue with hand luggage etc. Food was quite decent too for airline food. No shortage of drinks services either. No complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Hi Guys, on the flight to Toronto is the food, drinks and films included in the ticket's price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

If Delta is and option for you I flew with them from Dub-JFK, 1 and half hour layover and then JFK to Toronto and found it quite comfortable and efficient both flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

whiz wrote: »
    Hi Guys, on the flight to Toronto is the food, drinks and films included in the ticket's price ?

Yes they are included, unless you fly with a budget transatlantic airline. Alcohol was not free with AL.

den87 wrote: »
    If Delta is and option for you I flew with them from Dub-JFK, 1 and half hour layover and then JFK to Toronto and found it quite comfortable and efficient both flights.

I always think it’s beter to fly direct where possible but I will take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

I would think same but got a decent enough deal on it and the wait wasn’t bad so didn’t really mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Sorry to bump this but I'm wondering if anything has changed here post COVID- who would you pick if flying to Toronto from Dublin. The two options I have are Aer Lingus and Air Canada. I've flown both on this route but I flew Aer Lingus to NY last year and they were very meh which I was surprised at. There's only €40 in the difference, Air Canada being the one that's more expensive?

Advertisement