Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s the name of this fibre cable ?

Options
  • 29-12-2018 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,779 ✭✭✭✭

My neighbors ont box is giving a los error and when I tried their cable in mind I got the same , they need a new cable I assume so would like to help them out ,

What’s the correct name for this cable and is there any chance that I could get one tmrw or Monday in Dublin ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Cyrus wrote: »
    My neighbors ont box is giving a los error and when I tried their cable in mind I got the same , they need a new cable I assume so would like to help them out ,

What’s the correct name for this cable and is there any chance that I could get one tmrw or Monday in Dublin ?

Kind of looks like an sc sc cable, probably multimode but can't be sure.

I'd have no idea where you could get one of these in Dublin, lots of UK sellers on eBay though.

Edit: cablemonkey.ie on kylemore road should be able to help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

SC/APC singlemode.

Try Wood Communications although I don't know if they'll be open tomorrow or Monday.

https://woodcomm.ie/catalogue/product/fibre-optic-patch-leads/

Bring the damaged cable with you to confirm type.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

If Dublin 10 is closer to yea, check out Connectix

Edit - ah I see MrMusician18 already recommend them :) their other name is CableMonkey.ie

Advertisement