Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Krups EA8298 not 'popping' any more

Options
  • 29-12-2018 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

I've a Krups machine with a grinder and all that built in. Up to recently it used to make a very distinct pop when it was finished making a coffee (or rinsing). I took the top grill off and it's absolutely manky inside which I'm not sure it should be. There's also a spring (last photo) on the part that comes down to press the ground coffee but the other side isn't attached to anything, I'm not sure if it should be. Anyone experience of these? Thanks.

awdetg.png

2f08sw0.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

The 'pop' seems to be when the little arm pushes the grinds out to the bin I think but it looks hard set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Does the machine have a clean function? You might want to run some grinder cleaner through it and try brush out whatever you can access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

J_E wrote: »
    Does the machine have a clean function? You might want to run some grinder cleaner through it and try brush out whatever you can access.

There's a clean function but that only involves putting a cleaning tablet into the water tank and running a program, though there's a slot on the top that leads to where the grinds go for brewing marked for a tablet too but I've never seen it referenced.

I pulled the top off it and cleaned up everything with a hoover (photo) and pastry brush, the spring that looks unattached at one end looks to be just for pulling coffee down from the grinder that gets caught.

Still not popping though, can't see anything else it could be.

2ef3rmf.png

Advertisement