Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad able to store online boarding pass for Ryanair

Options
  • 28-12-2018 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

My phones out of action so will I have to print out the pass or could it scan fine off my iPad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

All depends on your iPad, the early one's don't store the boarding pass. My one doesn't appear to have the "ticket wallet" software installed. So this might not be an issue with later iPads.
    However what I have done is get to the printing stage and then store it as a PDF in iBooks. Opening the PDF as you need to scan it or show it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Could you open it up and screenshot it and that's way it's in your library?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    All depends on your iPad, the early one's don't store the boarding pass. My one doesn't appear to have the "ticket wallet" software installed. So this might not be an issue with later iPads.
    However what I have done is get to the printing stage and then store it as a PDF in iBooks. Opening the PDF as you need to scan it or show it.

Sounds like that’ll work, thanks a million. My iPad doesn’t have the iwallet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,138 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

antodeco wrote: »

You can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

antodeco wrote: »

Yes, I always screen shot my boarding passes and use them all the time with no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭markpb

Will the barcode scanners at the departure gates be able to accept a device the size of an iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

markpb wrote: »
    Will the barcode scanners at the departure gates be able to accept a device the size of an iPad?

Yes, I have used my iPad many times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

you could always print it off

you could always print it off

You could, but when a printers not immediately available it's not particularly convenient. Plus it's much handier not to have loads of documents in your bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Just a side question -
    Will a normal android phone be ok for the boarding pass to be scanned, thus not needing to print it.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Just a side question -
    Will a normal android phone be ok for the boarding pass to be scanned, thus not needing to print it.

Thanks

yep

If Ryanair let you have a mobile boarding pass on your device, of course you can use it!

Advertisement