Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S6 USB Data Connection not working

Options
  • 28-12-2018 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭

hi all - I have tried a plethora of micro usb cables to try and get Data connection on this samsung S6 phone , and all I am getting is cable charging.

When I pull down the notification bar from the top of the screen I click on 'usb charging' in the list to try and change it to MTP but it just goes to the battery saver settings of the phone, nowhere there to change it to mtp or any other setting.

I have enabled 'developer options' in settings and gone to 'usb settings' and chose mtp.

I have downloaded and installed the Samsung USB drivers onto windows 7 laptop - still after all this it still only wants to connect to usb charging only.

any other ideas please?

Advertisement