Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brussels nightlife

Options
  • 28-12-2018 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi all, on my way to Brussels with a few lads. Mid 30’s group. Can anyone recommend any lively bars and nightclubs to keep us entertained for the weekend? Any help or info would be very much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Churchills is a good pub. He will put on a match on TV if you ask him. Good beer there.
    https://www.churchills.be/home/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I never made it there when I was over as it was a short visit but I've heard a lot about Delirium Cafe which has over 2000 beers available. Probably would be worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭turbbo

Legendary club since there's none in Ireland anymore:
    https://fuse.be/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Cafe le Coq Rue August Orts, Greenwich, A la mort subtile, Cafe Monk off St Catherine's square amongst my favourites.
    Celtica is fine for cheap booze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Stay together & watch your wallets if out drinking.

It's a spot with a lot of late night nefarious characters hanging about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Dermwex

Thanks a mill gang. One of the lads felt his pocket being picked, the guy ran so he chased, got him to the ground and had a scuffle. It ended when the thief’s friends appeared from a few door ways to come help him. He didn’t get his wallet back. Live and learn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Dermwex wrote: »
    Thanks a mill gang. One of the lads felt his pocket being picked, the guy ran so he chased, got him to the ground and had a scuffle. It ended when the thief’s friends appeared from a few door ways to come help him. He didn’t get his wallet back. Live and learn

Crikey, thought Brussels would be a very safe city. I'm over there next month and have 48 hours to play around with. Staying beside the central station and looking for things to do. Any thoughts? Not into pubs and clubs fyi.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭wall

The Atomium is interesting to visit, theres a transport museum that has Jets and other cool stuff in it. Moules et frites at an outdoor table in the Grande Platz is probably nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Berserker wrote: »
    Crikey, thought Brussels would be a very safe city. I'm over there next month and have 48 hours to play around with. Staying beside the central station and looking for things to do. Any thoughts? Not into pubs and clubs fyi.

Rue D'Arschott is worth a visit. Oh yeah Brussels is edgy as are most Belgian cities

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Berserker wrote: »
    Staying beside the central station and looking for things to do. Any thoughts? Not into pubs and clubs fyi.

Might be a strange suggestion but Brussels is great for music concerts. There is some really good venues and pretty much all musicians stop there when touring Europe, I've gone to Brussels a few times when a band I like skips Ireland on their tour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement