Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save on one way airfare

Options
  • 28-12-2018 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

Living in Canada and I've been booking return trips with my aer lingus tickets to save on costs and get the best bang for buck. My issue is in March I have a flight back over to Ireland but I have no idea when I'll be back again so I don't want to book return this time, only one way back to Canada. But the cost is coming in at 445euro for it! Wtf is going on there :eek::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Doylers wrote: »
    Living in Canada and I've been booking return trips with my aer lingus tickets to save on costs and get the best bang for buck. My issue is in March I have a flight back over to Ireland but I have no idea when I'll be back again so I don't want to book return this time, only one way back to Canada. But the cost is coming in at 445euro for it! Wtf is going on there :eek::eek:

Is it still possible to get an open ended return ticket, maybe even through a travel agent?

How flexible are the flexible tickets that allow you to change the date without a fee? Or even cancel the return leg after using the outbound leg? Read the terms and conditions very carefully before paying for one of these options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

faoiarvok wrote: »
    Is it still possible to get an open ended return ticket, maybe even through a travel agent?

How flexible are the flexible tickets that allow you to change the date without a fee? Or even cancel the return leg after using the outbound leg? Read the terms and conditions very carefully before paying for one of these options.

Apparently you can on the flex ticket option but it seems to be a lot more than standard, hardly worth it tbh.

Theres a charge of 100euro on changes to normal tickets wondering if I should just buy return and change the date down the line or something. Just such a waste hate how legacy carriers pull this **** on one way prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Not sure if it's any use to you depending on where you're based but Norwegian are starting a Dublin to Hamilton route from April 2019 from €135 one way and unlike the legacy carriers you can get them at that price one way. Looks like it's about 1 hour from Toronto (they are marketing it as Hamilton-Toronto).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's any use to you depending on where you're based but Norwegian are starting a Dublin to Hamilton route from April 2019 from €135 one way and unlike the legacy carriers you can get them at that price one way. Looks like it's about 1 hour from Toronto (they are marketing it as Hamilton-Toronto).

Are they back to being stable again? Heard they were close to bankruptcy and a possible IAG buyout.

Advertisement