Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jura e8

Options
  • 27-12-2018 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Contemplating buying this to replace dead rancilio Silvia/ grinder combo. Anyone any experience of the e8? any feedback appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Contemplating buying this to replace dead rancilio Silvia/ grinder combo. Anyone any experience of the e8? any feedback appreciated!!!

Link?
    Is this it
    https://www.productreview.com.au/p/jura-e8.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭NSAman

Have a Jura Giga 5 have had it for about 6 years at this stage. Has worked flawlessly and only maintenance is regular descaling and cleaning (using Jura Tabs which are rather expensive).

As Machines go, they are on the expensive side, but in that time, I have had 2 Philips Saecos and a DeLonghi (spelling) which have not lasted.

I'm thinking of going the Rancilio route myself. Mind asking how long you had the Silva. How did you find it and what grinder did you pair it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

I'm thinking of going the Rancilio route myself. Mind asking how long you had the Silva. How did you find it and what grinder did you pair it with?

Absolutely loved it and used a la pavoni grinder. I didn't look after it tho so it's kaput!

That's the fella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Absolutely loved it and used a la pavoni grinder. I didn't look after it tho so it's kaput!

Do you still have the Ranvilio?

That's the fella

Just wondering why you;ve decided to go for a super fully automatic and not up grade to a higher quality semi-automatic?

Just wondering why you;ve decided to go for a super fully automatic and not up grade to a higher quality semi-automatic?

Saw a good deal for it , simple as that. Not fully convinced tho

Do you still have the Ranvilio?

Yeah but it needs a service €140

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

I use my Silvia and rocky daily and they have both been faultless. I bought them 14 years ago!!

• Advertisement

bergipau wrote: »
    I use my Silvia and rocky daily and they have both been faultless. I bought them 14 years ago!!

Bought a second hand Casadio enea grinder.
    https://youtu.be/GUW4o5NXJ3M

Have a rocky and although it's bullet proof i wanted to upgrade. I intend going for a new Silva or even might wait for the new gaggia classic 2019 which sees the return of the 3-wayy solenoid valve, non-pressurised baskets.

In saying that tempted to go the whole hog on a PID machine something like the quickmill Silvano.

Advertisement