Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Unlimited Broadband any good?

Options
  • 27-12-2018 11:21am
    Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

€30 per month for 18 months, unlimited data. On the surface it looks alright.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,504 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Only if your in an area where three broadband has strong signal.

If your area is any way marginal it’s no good, constant outage, affected by weather, suffers from congestion.

It was our only option here for a while and it was pure torture, the help centre in India is really hard to deal with, polite people but zero knowledge - just reading from a script.

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

_Brian wrote: »
    Only if your in an area where three broadband has strong signal.

If your area is any way marginal it’s no good, constant outage, affected by weather, suffers from congestion.

It was our only option here for a while and it was pure torture, the help centre in India is really hard to deal with, polite people but zero knowledge - just reading from a script.

I'd say the signal would be decent here.

I'm not sure what other provider to consider. Eir have done nothing to retain my business, computer said no, Virgin isn't available in my area, I didn't have a good experience with Sky web chat. Could look at Pure.

Is there much of a difference between the different modems? https://www.three.ie/online/data/contract/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Decent signal is no guarantee of anything. Could be congested.

I've only had poor experiences with mobile broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Try a 3 PAYG phone SIM for 20 euro per 28 days for unlimited data. The 30 euro broadband is limited (despite 3 calling it unlimited) at 750GB, 6.15c per MB over the limit.

You'd need your own modem with the phone SIM but that's the only advantage of the 30 euro plan which includes the modem, but only on the 18 month contract.

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108825250

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I have this for month now, am really happy with it, had checked through a family member with three mobile service to see what signal was like before I signed up, I am on the 750GB 30 day contract, not the 18 month as per your original post, I have my own modem, a TP link with my phone service coming through it as it has a VoIP connection, it is usable, this is about the best service of all I've tried and I have tried quite a few in my area from wired to satellite to all the different mobile providers, I now can finally use Netflix which was impossible with any of the others as I was either limited with download allowance or download speed, three so far has passed these hurdles. Sign up for a month or check with someone you know on three to see what signal is like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dfarrelly96

I have been on Three mobile broadband for many years, when I first got it I was happy, got speeds of around 20Mb down, however, the past few years have been absolutely atrocious, speeds of less than 1Mb most of the time. Countless talks with three to see if anything could be done but to no avail. The worst part is, my neighbor who is literally 100m away can get Gigabit broadband, but Eir tell me I can't even get any broadband at all :( Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Whatever you do don't commit yourself to 18 month contract, I am using Three for 3 or 4 years as I have no other options, It was good, now with high contention it is slow, It could be good in your area but you never know, when more people in your area start using it will be very slow down to 1 to 2 mbps, I wake up 4 am to update my satnav.

Advertisement