Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd-hand DSLR, where to buy?

Options
  • 27-12-2018 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

Looking to dip my toes into photography, without ploughing money into it (budget <€400). A 2nd-hand DSLR looks like a reasonable option but I'm worried about reliability. It's hard to tell on Adverts etc. if the kit has had a hard life. Apart from the likes of Conns, is there anywhere else that stocks suitable equipment in this price range?

The alternative is to spend a bit more and get a new Nikon D3500 (or something similar), but I'm guessing there should be a glut of 2nd-hand beginners DSLRs on the market somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

Conns are probably the cheapest/best stocked tbh with pre-owned stock & they've got 6 months warranty some places its 3 months. I've bought 2 cameras & 5 lenses there this yer with no problems. You could buy new too here https://www.e-infin.com/eu/ they've got good prices & not heard a bad word about them either. When looking up models you're interested in google something like nikon 3500 vs nikon 5300 & you'll see their spec list compared on here https://cameradecision.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

GBX wrote: »

bought my last two dslr's from them now got a nikon d7000 a couple of years ago for £270, very happy (they even traded my previous d80 i got off them for a decent price)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Their 2nd hand stuff (like new quality) which is presumably out of warranty is more than what you can get a brand new grey market import off ebay? In fact not even sure if the 2nd hand ones were even UK stock anyway as it doesn't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Most of the stuff in that range on Adverts.ie etc is perfectly acceptable as well. Usually you'll find the people that are selling are either upgrading or bought the camera but never really got into it. Checking the shutter count and a few words with the vendor should establish how hard a life it's had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭nick 56

try Gunns . if they have one ok but they will also keep an eye out for you as they might get a trade in

Advertisement