Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vu Ultimo 4K setup

Options
  • 26-12-2018 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Got a new vu ultimo. Having trouble with tuner config. We have sat dish with quad lmb. 2 cables going to ultimo.

Can’t seem to get 2 tuners working as when recording from one Chanel can’t view another channel

Can anyone help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Each FBC satellite tuner module has TWO INPUTS. Either connect both to the inputs on Tuner slot B and disable tuners in Slot C or you need to add two more feeds.

To get full use of the FBC tuners swap the LNB to a Unicable LNB

I have the same box and have both cables going into tuner B one on top one on bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ocy

Thanks for help. Got it sorted. But another question, will our existing cabling work with Unicable LNB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ocy wrote: »
    Thanks for help. Got it sorted. But another question, will our existing cabling work with Unicable LNB.

Yes
    I got 2 of these Unicable II LNB's for my Vu+ Duo 4K box.
    The original 2 cables for old Sky box, now I have each one running into 28.2 sat for FreeSat and other cable running into Hotbird pointed LNB.

Both tuners can record 4 chans at once I think, not tested, or you could make one tuner record 6 on one 2 on another, that's the benefit of FBC tuners and Unicable II, I believe...may be more on the Ultimo

Advertisement